New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Super Shorty

Will these be legal under the "Safe Act"?

What hoops do I need to jump through to get the $5 tax stamp [either Albany or Clinton counties]?

My understanding is this gun is registered as a pistol in NYS, and is one of the few (possibly the only AOW) permitted in NYS.
Who would have to sign-off my federal paperwork in either Albany or Clinton counties, and is that likely to happen?

BTW, I'm recently -retired LEO if that helps me at all...

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
I have heard of "people that have done it", but no confirmation and no step by step process.

· Registered
5,247 Posts
I think being a retired LEO maybe contacting your local State Police could shed more lite to see if they are legal to have in NY under the NY Safe Act..

I really can not answer this question myself but it might fall into having it registered under your pistol permit,but then again I think there is a weight issues as think it can not weigh more then 50 ounces for a pistol..You will have to check unless someone else can help more then I can..

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
I think being a retired LEO maybe contacting your local State Police could shed more lite to see if they are legal to have in NY under the NY Safe Act..

I really can not answer this question myself but it might fall into having it registered under your pistol permit,but then again I think there is a weight issues as think it can not weigh more then 50 ounces for a pistol..You will have to check unless someone else can help more then I can..
That is for semi-autos. SSS is pump action.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Ok was not sure that why I mentioned that part,but I think it may still have to be put on a pistol permit being that is so short and would be consider a pistol but I not 100% sure..

Thanks for telling me that Darth I remember that now..
Yeah, it's a pistol in NYS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.