4,994 Posts
Yup, it's all down hill from there! LOL

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I actually just found all my old train stuff from about 25 years ago. Brought back a bunch of memories. I might even set it up again!

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
If you go with G scale you can also use them outside and they even sell cars with blowers and plows to clear track of snow in the winter!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
man, that brings back memories from my childhood as well...

My dad was huge in to trains - he had the 3-track giant ones, 2 track standard ones, and a bunch of expensive engines, some of which did cool stuff, like the locomotive would "smoke" if you put drops of this stuff in the smoke stack, etc

Looks like I might have to call memory lane back now that my dad is retired... he needs a hobby again, lol
+1 to whomever built the table - it's good use of those darn poles to make it (essentially) obsolete

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you go with G scale you can also use them outside and they even sell cars with blowers and plows to clear track of snow in the winter!
lol, I ehm, excuse me, my son wants to go the scale that the amusement parks go, but probably have to wait until I hit the mega millions....

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
ahhhhhh trains!!!!!! When the train goes from the table up to about a foot from the ceiling, around the room out the doorway into every either room in the house THEN he may have a problem!! To me, it'd be more of an awesome setup not so much a problem!! If he needs trains and such, just let me know. I'm in good with Adirondack Hobby and if you look up Toyshack as a seller on Ebay, that's another buddy of mine that deals in old toys and trains. Does this make me a pusher??? Oh .. make sure he doesn't kill an animal or injure someone with a train of his .... chances are NY will enact an Assault Train Ban on us and we'll have to look for pre-ban Lionel's and we'll be restricted to how much track we can own!!! LMAO

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
man, that brings back memories from my childhood as well...

My dad was huge in to trains - he had the 3-track giant ones, 2 track standard ones, and a bunch of expensive engines, some of which did cool stuff, like the locomotive would "smoke" if you put drops of this stuff in the smoke stack, etc

Looks like I might have to call memory lane back now that my dad is retired... he needs a hobby again, lol
+1 to whomever built the table - it's good use of those darn poles to make it (essentially) obsolete
All remote control now. He's got trains that have wheel "fires" (led's and smoke) that shut the whole system down. Thanks for the table, built better than my house, I think, ha, ha. Now got to work on the decorations....

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahhhhhh trains!!!!!! When the train goes from the table up to about a foot from the ceiling, around the room out the doorway into every either room in the house THEN he may have a problem!! To me, it'd be more of an awesome setup not so much a problem!! If he needs trains and such, just let me know. I'm in good with Adirondack Hobby and if you look up Toyshack as a seller on Ebay, that's another buddy of mine that deals in old toys and trains. Does this make me a pusher??? Oh .. make sure he doesn't kill an animal or injure someone with a train of his .... chances are NY will enact an Assault Train Ban on us and we'll have to look for pre-ban Lionel's and we'll be restricted to how much track we can own!!! LMAO
I think the modern term is enabler, or so my wife tells all my friends (did I say that out loud), ha, ha.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Thomas the tank engine ftw!

·
Registered
859 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Makes me want to break out my HO-scale Märklin trains. Model-building is a nice crossover hobby here, if you like assembling properly scaled train stations and houses.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts