New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seeing much more bad ammo coming out of the factories these days. Seems like every week I come across something as ridiculous as this... (see photo). This 9mm round came out of a newly opened box of ammo (one of the big brand names).

Wood Bullet Cylinder Gun accessory Ammunition

·
Registered
805 Posts
Even the "Big" ammo mfrs have their equipment get out of specifications. Considering that most of them have been running 24/7/365 for the last couple of years, it should be expected that more defects will make it though the pipeline.

Bottom Line... ALWAYS check your ammo when your loading it into your firearms!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
No, no. That's a custom bullet used to shoot around corners. It's the next big "thing."

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
That to me looks like BLAZER brand ammo.

I'm seeing much more bad ammo coming out of the factories these days. Seems like every week I come across something as ridiculous as this... (see photo). This 9mm round came out of a newly opened box of ammo (one of the big brand names).

View attachment 34555

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
It's a ying/yang manufacturing business world out there. Opportunity for ammo sales is thru the roof yet opportunity for more gun laws is there too. Manufacturers are probably producing around the clock but don't want to re-invest. Equipment is wearing and owners are skeptical.

The government is hoarding our ammo.

Learn to reload!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is an example of over priced, yet low quality crap being sold by the big ammo manufacturers.
The 300 AAC BLK round pictured here was just purchased off the shelf for $35.99 + tax for the box of 20.
With the sales tax, that's approximately $1.94 per round. This is a big name manufacturer and these are real popular rounds for hog hunters.

Right out of the box I noticed about half were crimped and half were not (see photo)... and some of the cases were visibly longer or shorter than others.

This is why I don't shoot a large amount of factory ammo as I make my own 9mm, .40, .223, and 300AAC BLK and I am currently putting together .380 tool head for the Dillon press as well...

For $1.94 per round I would expect much better quality than this!

Office supplies Wood Tool Ammunition Bullet

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
The industry has been running overtime since 2010 . I'm pretty sure if you contacted them they would make it right with you . After all it's their reputation that is on the line . I bought a brick of 22 lr ammo made by blazer and none of it would fire in any of my firearms . ( pistols , rifles , nothing ) I contacted them and for my troubles , they sent me a whole case of ammo and three coupons for more free ammo . I sent the remainder of what I had back to them and this is what happened to me so take the bull by the horns and something good may happen to you !

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The industry has been running overtime since 2010 . I'm pretty sure if you contacted them they would make it right with you . After all it's their reputation that is on the line . I bought a brick of 22 lr ammo made by blazer and none of it would fire in any of my firearms . ( pistols , rifles , nothing ) I contacted them and for my troubles , they sent me a whole case of ammo and three coupons for more free ammo . I sent the remainder of what I had back to them and this is what happened to me so take the bull by the horns and something good may happen to you !
Good point sawman! I won't reveal the manufacturers of the above pictured rounds just yet. I have sent emails to the manufacturers asking if this is an accurate representation of the quality of this ammo. If it is, I will continue with my review. If they clam that it is not, then I would be more than happy to delay my review to give them time to supply me with a more accurate sample/representation of this ammo. I'll see what happens and will post an update if/when I hear something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts