New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday night I was suck in the ER of the Orange County Regional Medical center for almost 8 hours (mild heart attack they claim). While there waiting for tests and results and some other things I got to enjoy one of the cities new stations non stop in my private pod (room). As a dish subscriber I do not watch any of the cities main news stations so what I saw was very disheartening.
Almost every commercial break had some sort of play for fuac. it was either praise for the supposedly wonderful job he is doing in albany or tearing apart Astorino on some level. Usually it was the latter.

And that is what got me thinking about how we may be in trouble. Nearly half of the States population resides in the city, and it appears that they are being force fed fuac propaganda on an enormous plate.
My problem is that I had no idea how pervasive it is. With only about 6 weeks left till elections how do we get the word out?? Are folks living in other areas seeing the same thing? or is fuac concentrating on the liberal numbers within the 5 boroughs?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Talk to everyone that you can. We have unseated some of the antigunners we can unseat the fuerer. Hopefully Rob wins Westchester and someone helps split the vote from cuomo. Get everyone you can to register and get this done.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Sorry to hear about the health issues. Take care of that first. Just saying...

Good luck.
agreed!

I've been seeing some pro-Astorino and negative Cuomo ads recently here in Rochester. Let's cross our fingers and keep convincing people!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Last two weeks been seeing pro Astorino ads running up here. More and more Astorino signs in peoples yards too.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Speedy recovery. I am sure those commercials will be billed to your insurance as a stress test.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Speedy recovery. I am sure those commercials will be billed to your insurance as a stress test.
I was about to say, I almost have a mild heart attack (and explosive flatulents) whenever I see a Cuomo ad.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I lived in NYC for 10 years in the 80s - 90s. Yeah, you have been living under a rock.

Most people in the cities hate guns and have no use for them. Politicians know this.

Don't bring a cell phone to a gun fight - you will lose.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
As far as the elections go It's gonna be close, in my neck of the woods the majority of people hate cuomo but aren't too familiar with Astorino so I spread the word as best I can and encourage people to vote and possibly donate that's pretty much all we can do on our level and good luck with your health hopefully things work out for the best.

·
Registered
260 Posts
A low turn out by city dwelling D's is a given. They aren't motivated and , despite the ad deluge, many don't like FUAC enough to get out of their barcoloungers.

It's up to us to set record turnouts for our side.

Create the perfect storm.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I got an Astorino mailing the other day. Now I don't know if everyone got one because I am on his mailing list, but I have been seeing his ads more often. He was even on Good Morning America the other day.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
More incentive to drop a donation on the Astorino campaign.

To the OP, hope your recuperation is speedy and pain free.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Sometimes voters are turned off by too many negative ads. They start to figure there must be a reason why one side trashes the other to that extent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts