New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'm a NY state resident. I have an AR15 at my mom's place in PA that has a bayo lug and M4 stock.

Considering selling it.

What to do? Shave the lug and swap the stock, bring it home and sell it in NY? Or sell it to a PA resident? And since I own it, but it's in PA, can I even sell it to a PA resident without bringing it here and shipping it to a PA FFL?

Sort of a unique situation... Seems like other than taking it apart, I'm walking a fine line.

Advice?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a mutt. It's postban stuff. Receiver is definitely postban.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
As the title says, I'm a NY state resident. I have an AR15 at my mom's place in PA that has a bayo lug and M4 stock.

Considering selling it.

What to do? Shave the lug and swap the stock, bring it home and sell it in NY? Or sell it to a PA resident? And since I own it, but it's in PA, can I even sell it to a PA resident without bringing it here and shipping it to a PA FFL?

Sort of a unique situation... Seems like other than taking it apart, I'm walking a fine line.

Advice?
EASY solution to all of this. Sell it in PA. Do not even bother trying to bring it up here and sell it. This will be your fastest and easiest way to sell the rifle.

James

·
Registered
2,750 Posts

Considering selling it.

Advice?
My understanding of the law, which may be incorrect, is that you cannot sell it to a person who does not reside in NY without going through an FFL. I think the easiest path for you might be to sell it to a dealer in PA.

Relevant US Code

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I'll just have mom hand it to the guy instead of me, haha.

Actually I think I'll just bring it back here and put my RRA entry stock on it and shave the bayo. It's already not threaded.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
I am right on the border and it really sucks having to abide by NY laws just to have my AR's here.Do most my shooting in PA as its the closest range,so I just leave some of my guns at my brothers in PA.I would just sell it to a PA resident,otherwise you probably do not have a pinned brake as well.Thats around $50 for the pinning and the muzzle brake alone,and not to mention the hassle to get/find someone to do it.What you got anyway?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am right on the border and it really sucks having to abide by NY laws just to have my AR's here.Do most my shooting in PA as its the closest range,so I just leave some of my guns at my brothers in PA.I would just sell it to a PA resident,otherwise you probably do not have a pinned brake as well.Thats around $50 for the pinning and the muzzle brake alone,and not to mention the hassle to get/find someone to do it.What you got anyway?
It's already a non-threaded barrel. Easy NY swap, sight with no lug and lock up the stock.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's kinda a mutt... Bushy barrel and A2 upper, PSA BCG and LPK, ECGS (LMT) lower, random commercial stock, LMT FSB. Dissipator, midlength gas system with rifle length hg's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts