New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,522 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Hopefully she gets a good lawyer. She was arrested at The Statue of Liberty. Technically it is in NJ waters.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Hopefully she gets a good lawyer. She was arrested at The Statue of Liberty. Technically it is in NJ waters.
Actually, it is a Federal Park.

Her permit should be good there.
But unless she got there by helicopter or was beamed down by Mr. Spock, oops.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
She forgot that once you cross the NYC border line you are entering communist territory. Best of luck to her. NYC soil should be claimed by North Korea.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Another honest citizen snared because she visited NYC. I grew up there but it's like living in another country. Whenever I travel, I'm amazed at what is legal in other states. I'm in this for the long haul but honestly, if we lose these law suits.....I'm otta here. Highest taxes and fewest freedoms....the progressive agenda. I really hope this lady beats this and keeps her job but it's not likely.

Maybe the rest of the state and the nation will realize what a cesspool of laws we endure in downstate New York. By the way...Where's Rev. Al?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Whatever happens, her gun is as good as gone.

I don't think anyone has ever gotten a seized gun back from NYC.

It would be great to see the Sullivan act fall, in this decade.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Great headline for MDA, "Teacher arrested for endangering the safety of the children with an illegal handgun".

Not exactly, she was carrying FOR the safety of the children!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
how many people with a CC permit know or were told the permit is basicly void in that city/county without prior written permission. It's a shame there are restrictions and the woman was most likely only thinking of her and childrens safety. I won't travel to NY City as I wouldn't be allowed to carry. The "fantastic" gun laws enacted in ny city are not working..over 500 shootings...how many rapes,muggings, etc on top of that. She should of not gone or left her handgun home. Now she is at their mercy and I bet there will be very little. Should of known better....my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
how many people with a CC permit know or were told the permit is basicly void in that city/county without prior written permission.
That's what it says right at the top of permits in my county... and since she also apparently disregards the law against carrying a gun in a school zone I think she just makes a habit of conveniently not knowing things.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts