New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
I not only lost IQ points reading the comments on the story, my brain began to melt and run out of my head.

·
Registered
574 Posts
add dinosauer bbq to the list. it is owned by George soros. john stage the man who started it, his partners sold to soros leaving him as a 25% owner.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Sent to the CEO:

Dear Ron Shaich,
My family and I have been loyal patrons of Panera Bread for many years. I am a licensed concealed carry pistol permit holder, upstanding citizen, and an advocate for the 2nd Amendment. I have been carrying concealed in your restaurants for over 10 years now.

According to sources, we are told Panera Bread is now telling us that we can no longer safely patronize your establishment. Apparently you are now restricting us from protecting ourselves within the confines of your business. Is it true you are banning firearms from your premises?

If it is in fact true, in order for us to continue dining at your restaurants we need to know what steps you have taken to protect us from the criminal element we elect to protect ourselves from. If you are banning us from protecting ourselves we must know what you're doing to guaranty our safety.

We truly hope this was an unfounded rumor circulating on the internet. We sincerely would like to continue dining at your restaurants but given these circumstances, if true, we will no longer feel safe and therefore will have to dine elsewhere.

Please tell us it isn't so!

Regretfully,
XXXXXX

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
"We ask that guns not be brought into this environment unless carried by an authorized..."

What's it going to be? I can hardly wait!

Citizen?

Law abiding citizen?

State resident?

Permit holder?

:D

"...Law Enforcement Officer".

-.-

Yes, because those other authorized people are bad.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
I love how MDA considers this a big victory.

The company first announced the decision during a CNBC interview with Panera CEO Ron Shaich. He said during the interview that the company would not post anti-gun signs in its stores or require employees to confront gun owners.
Take heart gun lovers, MDA is losing so miserably that they consider a non-committal unenforceable statement from Panera as a big victory. Panera would prefer gun owners not bring guns into their stores. They'll never know if someone carries concealed into one of their stores, and they won't go so far as to hang any signs prohibiting guns on the premises, or even confront someone who does open carry into the store. But clearly this is a huge victory for the anti-gun crowd.

The NRA could just as easily post this story spun the opposite direction and say that Panera released a pointless statement to placate the anti-gun group MDA while still preserving the second amendment rights of it's customers.

Thankfully pro-gunners aren't so desperate that they need to resort to such nonsense.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Their FB page is getting peppered as are the sheeple supporting their statement. Been to PB once, and while it was okay, not worth the overpriced menu prices. No loss to me, but will have to stop by and give their manager one of my No Guns No Money business cards!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
"We ask" and "prefer" don't mean shhhhiit to this CCW LOL. Besides the point that the one time I went there with my gf I was appaled at the 33$ bill for two tiny fast food lunches! FUPB.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
"We ask" and "prefer" don't mean shhhhiit to this CCW LOL. Besides the point that the one time I went there with my gf I was appaled at the 33$ bill for two tiny fast food lunches! FUPB.
That's why it's better at my house ! The homemade bread with all of the deli meat I can stuff into the loaf with all of the trimmings equals a huge sandwich that I sometimes have to tackle them bad boys twice ! Yessiree bob it was a great idea to learn to bake bread ! Now that I have mastered the art of regular bread , cinnamon rolls , French bread . The French bread is the best for them overstuffed sandwiches ! So big the wife claims we could float downstream on em !

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I'll still go and I'll still carry based on what I read. They ask that I don't carry in their establishment, just because they asked doesn't mead I'll comply. I've asked for a lot of things in my life that I haven't gotten, too bad so sad.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I not only lost IQ points reading the comments on the story, my brain began to melt and run out of my head.
For real...There was what...maybe one or two guys (maybe gals...who can tell on the internet) that actually make any sense or rational arguments. The anti-gunners were all like "why are you so scared that you have to carry a gun around all time."

You'll probably never have a fire but you still have fire insurance and a fire extinguisher right? Nitwits.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
what's more shocking to me is the number of Forum members who will spend money on chain-store, frozen, shrink wrapped, pre-cooked food for way too much money

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
MasterSwimmer,
That is an wonderfully written email. I am copying and tweaking it to fit me then sending it on. I will post results if any.

Edit:
Sent. Waiting for reply

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'll still go and I'll still carry based on what I read. They ask that I don't carry in their establishment, just because they asked doesn't mead I'll comply. I've asked for a lot of things in my life that I haven't gotten, too bad so sad.
does the fact that they say no guns make it illegal?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
what's more shocking to me is the number of Forum members who will spend money on chain-store, frozen, shrink wrapped, pre-cooked food for way too much money
Mmmhmm.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 103 Posts