New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't do this anymore. I can't deal with the constant attacks, the endless laws, the lawsuits and appeals that go nowhere, and the feeling that we just can't win. I don't think I can do this, It's too stressful, and I don't think we can fix this corpse of a state. All I want to do now is finish my schooling and move somewhere that's not a total wreck.

I'm sorry, but I just don't think I can do it anymore.

·
Registered
98 Posts
yup this place sucks...
I can't do this anymore. I can't deal with the constant attacks, the endless laws, the lawsuits and appeals that go nowhere, and the feeling that we just can't win. I don't think I can do this, It's too stressful, and I don't think we can fix this corpse of a state. All I want to do now is finish my schooling and move somewhere that's not a total wreck.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
"Living in NY shoudn't feel like a prison sentence, but that's exactly what you hear today".

Rob Astorinos words circa March 2014.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts

That's the spirit that will get things done!

Except not really.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Humans are an interesting species. They run into the same problems in cycles that repeat through history.
So things might have to get much worse before they can get any better. then when we hit rock bottom we only see the solution again.
History will teach us nothing.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts

yup this place sucks...
And that is exactly what "they" want. They have already won if you have already thrown in the towel. Am I always positive? NO. But I am hopeful that tomorrow will be better than today. If not, why the hell should I even get out of bed? Look, if you can leave and you feel it is the right thing to do, do it. What we don't need at this point around here is a pity party. I try to get up more than they knock me down and it will be who is more determined and who can stick it out the longest. Yes, it does suck but I am not going anywhere for a while so I will hunker down, dig in deeper, and fight until I can't anymore. As a Mets fan, you learn not to get too excited for the highs and not too depressed for the lows. Well, at least I have learned something from that team.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts

Finish school and get out you will be better off don't look back this place sucks. New York will be the next Detroit .

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GuyMontag: That's the plan.

Meterekefe: Maybe so, but this state will NEVER be equitible for me to have a free life here. I won't raise a family in a place that won't let me protect them!

MDC: Except the other attitude isn't getting anything done either. I keep hearing that something will happen "soon" but nothing is changing, it's only getting worse or stagnating at best. All the appeals, lawsuits, and rallies are going exactly nowhere and getting nothing done.

Cure: Exactly. If Astorino manages to win by some freak twist of fate I might have some hope, but right now..... I don't even think he can win, there's not enough time, he lacks resources and name recognition. I'll still vote, but I doubt it will matter in the slightest.

Mrod: I know.

Dr.Evil: Maybe so, but we're making NO progress. We're just sitting waiting on an election that it doesn't even look like we can win. All the legal action has gone or is going nowhere.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Get out now while you're still young.
Bob Hauk: Remember, once you're inside you're on your own.
Snake Plissken: Oh, you mean I can't count on you?
Bob Hauk: No.
Snake Plissken: Good!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
GuyMontag: That's the plan.

Meterekefe: Maybe so, but this state will NEVER be equitible for me to have a free life here. I won't raise a family in a place that won't let me protect them!

MDC: Except the other attitude isn't getting anything done either. I keep hearing that something will happen "soon" but nothing is changing, it's only getting worse or stagnating at best. All the appeals, lawsuits, and rallies are going exactly nowhere and getting nothing done.

Cure: Exactly. If Astorino manages to win by some freak twist of fate I might have some hope, but right now..... I don't even think he can win, there's not enough time, he lacks resources and name recognition. I'll still vote, but I doubt it will matter in the slightest.

Mrod: I know.

Dr.Evil: Maybe so, but we're making NO progress. We're just sitting waiting on an election that it doesn't even look like we can win. All the legal action has gone or is going nowhere.
Hate to say it but all your little excerpts there are pretty much explaining the State our Country is in, not New York alone

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know that, but there are some places better than others. I don't see much reason to stay here if we lose the election.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
I know that, but there are some places better than others. I don't see much reason to stay here if we lose the election.
Why does everyone who has given up and decides to move have to let everyone else know they have given up and decided to move? Like I said, do what is best for you. No need to bring everyone else down with another one of "those" threads. No disrespect meant. Just trying to understand what is accomplished by doing this.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Title is misleading which says you feel it. By the end of the short post, you pretty much implied you were leaving.
Alright so...I too would like to know the point of this thread?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I figured people might want to know why I won't be around. I didn't have tons of friends here, but I did have friends, and they have the right to know why.

And I DO plan on leaving, but I feel like giving up the fight until then. I'm just too stressed to keep this up.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
..per the title, I thought we were bout to all be Talkin u down from the windowsill...Bah i got gyped

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Orrr still use the internet in the new state??

1 - 20 of 66 Posts