New York Firearms Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Can't go wrong there. DId you get a kmr upper? Hard to beat elw kmr uppers imo. All slim and light I'm starting to get movement thinking about it.
I went with the Standard 16" with a Magpul HandGuard. The Third of a pound difference is inconsequential to me... the KMR handguard is awesome, but $470 (some kind of sale on the BCM site) after shipping and tax was a steal for everything described above.

I ordered a gunfighter charging handle too. I will post pictures of the finished product when everything is said and done. Black friday ,I will be working on my black rifle.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I went with the Standard 16" with a Magpul HandGuard. The Third of a pound difference is inconsequential to me... the KMR handguard is awesome, but $470 (some kind of sale on the BCM site) after shipping and tax was a steal for everything described above.

I ordered a gunfighter charging handle too. I will post pictures of the finished product when everything is said and done. Black friday ,I will be working on my black rifle.
I have the medium latch gunfighter.... It's the tits, you're gonna love it

·
Registered
157 Posts
I hear that 475 bcg included is sick for what your getting. Evertime I see some dude trying to hit people over the head for some wack ass garage build I feel like posting the bcm link on their ****.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
The BCM showed up... what an excellent upper! On top of the excellence of the parts... They sent a BCM hat, a hand full of stickers and 4-5 posters. That is really cool of them. So, I ordered thier buffer tube kit with a "H" buffer(I am returning the Thordson buffer kit), a DPMS lower parts kit(I just realized, now, "PMS" is right in the name...), Some gun grease and of course the Gunfighter Medium Charging handle. These guys really are as good as EVERYONE says they are.

I though about it: I have basically built a new rifle... I don't think anything from my original bushmaster exists.

Wait... what is that little red rubber piece that sits in the lower, in front of the buffer? That will still be original 1992 bushmaster. :p

P.S. I just ordered a David Tubb Flat buffer spring, any opinions? I heard great things.

P.P.S. Hopefully the rifle will be complete friday. Would it be annoying to start a thread to show it off?

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
The flat spring keeps you from getting the twang sound of a normal spring. It bothers some people. Post a pic in the pictures of your rifle thread instead of starting a new one.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
would not be annoying at all. and that little red thing is a shim to keep the upper/lower from having any "slop"
The BCM showed up... what an excellent upper! On top of the excellence of the parts... They sent a BCM hat, a hand full of stickers and 4-5 posters. That is really cool of them. So, I ordered thier buffer tube kit with a "H" buffer(I am returning the Thordson buffer kit), a DPMS lower parts kit(I just realized, now, "PMS" is right in the name...), Some gun grease and of course the Gunfighter Medium Charging handle. These guys really are as good as EVERYONE says they are.

I though about it: I have basically built a new rifle... I don't think anything from my original bushmaster exists.

Wait... what is that little red rubber piece that sits in the lower, in front of the buffer? That will still be original 1992 bushmaster. :p

P.S. I just ordered a David Tubb Flat buffer spring, any opinions? I heard great things.

P.P.S. Hopefully the rifle will be complete friday. Would it be annoying to start a thread to show it off?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Quick hit guys:

Muzzle Brakes are still okay? Pinned and Welded, of course... as long as it has the characteristics of a Muzzle Brake and not an Flash hider or compensator... yes? no? Maybe so?

Sorry to ask here... but my rifle is coming together and I need this answer. I have been searching the web all day and the latest answers I can find are from 2012... and they all say Yes to brakes...

Any Changes to that?

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Pinned & welded brake is fine. Just don't use any of those FUAC muzzle breaks!!!! Lol

41 - 50 of 50 Posts