New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trust: Do you guys & Gals still Trust the NY State Police. If they are with us they should Strike because thier being asked to go against the people they took an oath to protect & The Consitution,

·
Registered
639 Posts
...they should Strike ...,
They can't:

Taylor Law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Certain public unions are not allowed to strike in the manner we typically understand a strike. They can do certain demonstration activities but they cannot effect the availability of their services [essentially] or they get a 2 for 1 pay fine [2 day fine for each day of strike].

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They can't:

Taylor Law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Certain public unions are not allowed to strike in the manner we typically understand a strike. They can do certain demonstration activities but they cannot effect the availability of their services [essentially] or they get a 2 for 1 pay fine [2 day fine for each day of strike].
If they are more for our rights and less about money with honor they should Strike show there are some that stand to a higher level of justice.Stand with us they can't be fired by the union because the don't want to be part of the guiltiy. If only some SS would of took this stance for human rights.It's time to **** or get off the pot and we know where they stand once and for all 2 days of pay to make astatment to Cuomo and to gain our Trust

·
Registered
453 Posts
The problem is the leadership at the State Police these days, the appointed superintendents are selected by the governor, many times as a "Gift Position" or just someone to enforce the whims of the politicians. The current superintendent is a midget that has never had the respect of troopers, hell, there was a day when he would never even have met the height requirement to become a NYS Trooper.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Passive resistance or the equivelant.

The NYPD use to have "Blue Flu" when they were talking contracts.

There are many troopers out there who are faithful to the constitution and to honorable citizens. I'm sure there will be zealot storm troopers but I believe they will be the inner circle exception and not the rule.

Remember in Vietnam when a-holes got fragged?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When your Leaders are Abusing the people of the state, to disarm them to take their Consitutional rights, civil rights,human rights that you took a oath to protect & serve them. they are standing by the short one ( another short guy in history not questioned) They are following orders that break Laws. Grow a pair lose the 1-3 day pay to show Us your on our side. Trust is earned not given, earn our trust.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
It's real easy to tell someone to lose days worth of pay to meet your trust needs. I dont know about the rest of you, but I have a family and larger obligations to manage. I would not be able to take loss time from work. Not to mention, it is not the job or the responsibility of individual law enforcement to figure out what laws they will uphold and which ones they won't. If they did that, it would be impossible to have any law and order in this country.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
I don't think that we can put all NYSP in the same department and judge everyone because the mistakes and agendas of some others.
We know Cuomo has been organizing his specialized arm to work with gestapo style tactics but we also know many law
enforcement do not agree with this law nor anything the governor is doing. Sheriffs, DAs and LE departments have also been
outspoken about the same general disagreement with this law, the way it was passed and all the circumstances surrounding it.
In the end many NYSP are there to enforce and are not allowed nor empowered to disregard their commands and might not have
the complete vision of the plans behind the big picture. Or many they do and they choose to make mistakes on purpose to help
take down the law and some could be our best 'hidden' allies on restoring the freedoms lost in NYS. We just don't know that we don't know.
But we know those political appointees and high ranking officials have a machiavellian plan in mind. Let them keep pushing as
the only thing they are going to achieve is to get buried themselves further in the mess they are already in.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
It's real easy to tell someone to lose days worth of pay to meet your trust needs. I dont know about the rest of you, but I have a family and larger obligations to manage. I would not be able to take loss time from work. Not to mention, it is not the job or the responsibility of individual law enforcement to figure out what laws they will uphold and which ones they won't. If they did that, it would be impossible to have any law and order in this country.
it is called " discretion "

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Up until today I was very disapointed with the state police for not attempting to slow down or stop the safe act through thier own means .

its a clearly unconstitutional law that violates thier oaths and the people of new york and will trun them into a gestapo of sorts .

I am now Fuking elated!!!! that state police insiders have leaked crimes against the people of NY to Tresmond . They are heros and have kept thier honer and thier oaths in spite of personal risk of loseing thier jobs . Thank God we still have moral men in the leadership of the NYSP!!!

If any of you guys read this , I want to say thank you on behalf of tens of thousands of NY patriots , and if we ever meet in person, your money is no good . Thanks guys!! God bless and God speed !!

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
In my opinion an oath to the constitution trumps any order that blatantly violates it. If what we have been hearing is proved true I can already hear the "I was just following orders" excuses coming. This is why I no longer trust the NYSP:

Joseph A. D'Amico January 31, 2011 - Present
Joseph A. D'Amico was nominated by Governor Cuomo on December 22, 2010 and was unanimously confirmed by the New York State Senate as the 14th Superintendent of the New York State Police on January 31, 2011.

The leader is Andy's boy. Do you trust Andy C? Trust is earned and what they have done lately (if proven true) should take away all our trust in the organization as a whole.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I'm sure there were some good people in the German army during WW2, but I would not trust the entire organization!

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Up until today I was very disapointed with the state police for not attempting to slow down or stop the safe act through thier own means .

its a clearly unconstitutional law that violates thier oaths and the people of new york and will trun them into a gestapo of sorts .

I am now Fuking elated!!!! that state police insiders have leaked crimes against the people of NY to Tresmond . They are heros and have kept thier honer and thier oaths in spite of personal risk of loseing thier jobs . Thank God we still have moral men in the leadership of the NYSP!!!

If any of you guys read this , I want to say thank you on behalf of tens of thousands of NY patriots , and if we ever meet in person, your money is no good . Thanks guys!! God bless and God speed !!
Where did you see that the police leaked info? I know a Sgt. sent an email that was disclosed. I have not read the 158 pages of the breaking news thread. I might have missed something?

·
Registered
4,234 Posts

^this

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
If we all went on strike because of injustices, we'd all be on welfare and living in the inner city. The road officer's are actually "rowing the boat" and have families they are responsible for. They follow orders or are out. I, on the otherhand, appreciate any "leaks" that can/may/will undermine the upper mucki-mucks who are undermining our rights.

This is getting so bad, I feel the politicians and their cronies are embedded alquida and following ben ladens last orders. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
If there was whistle blowers I would like to thank them also. Is there any indication this occurred?

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Where did you see that the police leaked info?
I heard this on barule, that information came to Tresmond from people inside the state police.

I dont know if this absolutely true at this time, as this stuff is still breaking , but I belive this is what I heard . Im listening to a replay of the show and Ill repost if I got it wrong.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.