New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
How did that get on CNN?
Their attempt to look in partial. Cater to the gun crowd once in while to look impartial.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Someone is thinking in practical and logical ways. People are worry.
Everyone should spend a little time in Israel or Switzerland and see how responsible citizens work hard, are involved in social matters,
and collaborate with their own security.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
well we have an education expert saying that responsible people at schools is the only real way to reduce or prevent this from happening again. I wonder if this common sense approach will be endorsed by Obama since he is all for common sense solutions.

I tell you all what too, IF Obama pushes for teachers or principles to be armed after going through training I will have to respect him for doing the right thing.

·
Registered
166 Posts
well we have an education expert saying that responsible people at schools is the only real way to reduce or prevent this from happening again. I wonder if this common sense approach will be endorsed by Obama since he is all for common sense solutions.

I tell you all what too, IF Obama pushes for teachers or principles to be armed after going through training I will have to respect him for doing the right thing.

We can all dream! :) I'm not holding my breath though.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Glad to see this on CNN, so much negative focus and untrue statements out there.. Why are people dis-regarding actual facts... I dont understand it.. Maybe that makes me crazy... I dont know.. It this what America has become?? I have bleed for this country on Foreign soils in 2 different countries, and this is how frail our society is....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I may even vote for him for a 3rd term! (couldn't think that one through with a straight face)

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
To me atleast if Obama is willing to go against the anti's for the greater good then he gets some credit from me for doing the right thing. If he doesnt then he confirms what I think of him lol.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Just from the facts of this shooting, and the number of laws this nameless person broke, most people with common sense have to agree that there wasn't any laws that would've stopped this. I hope Obama has come to realize this. Hopefully this pannel will look at all the issues and come up with a decent plan to combat the problem of these types of shootings. I for one am tired of hearing about these on the news..

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Maybe some of the people trying to impose a gun-ban should read this.

Its a good read with many examples of how guns actually deter crime and when we don't have guns, crime goes up. Especially in areas like gun-free zones where the bad guys know no one will fight back.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Excellent article. It gets the issue exactly right.

Anti-gun groups deal with hypotheticals ('I feel like if we had fewer guns, we'd all be safer'). Pro-gun advocates deal with facts and historical examples, as demonstrated in the article. Unfortunately, too many people these days are more invested in emotions than facts.

·
Registered
145 Posts
That guy's probably out of job now
Not likely. Bennett has been one of their Republican/conservative commentators for a while. I'm not saying that more of CNN's bandwidth doesn't go to the Democratic/liberal side, but they do seem to do a half decent job of letting both sides get a word in.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
guys don't let the article mislead you they are talking about CCW in the article not once did it mention regular gun owners with ar15's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts