New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well being that i picked up the two PEPR mounts after Wildman showed me his on his 16inch AR...and the Millet scopes for the mounts....I asked myself..how the hell am I going to easily charge my AR that ive got in mind for the one scope, if the scope is in the way of the charging handle....

so after ordering a few delta assemblies and gas tubes for my in progress builds, i decided to buy myself a BCM gunfighter charging handle, the Large latch model. ive got a medium latch one i got off JVG here on the forum, and i love the thing.

the large latch gunfighter charging handle will allow for easy charging of the rifle even with the scope and mount totally in the way for traditional over the top manipulation. Also they will prevent me from one handed operation on a standard handle and warping it, as the gunfighter was totally redesigned with a new style latch to accommodate the torquing.
Once i get the BCM package in and the PEPRs/Millets in, ill be sure to post pictures. :nerd:

i think i may mount the one Millet w/PEPR on my A3 PSA 20inch. Its got an A2 front sight however, so i just hope it doesnt interfere with the image through the scope. It shouldnt, but...theres always a chance of interference.

· Registered
491 Posts
I love my PEPR, I just moved it and the XTR156 over to the AR 15 from the AR 10. Nice heavy duty mount.

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love my PEPR, I just moved it and the XTR156 over to the AR 15 from the AR 10. Nice heavy duty mount.
you get the basic mount or QD model?

i am considering selling the ones ive got coming in and replacing with QD. This way it makes more sense to leave the rear drum site on my Sig556 in place. They would at least be usable

· Registered
167 Posts
You won't be let down by the Gunfighter charging handle. I have one on my build (MOD 4, medium) and it completely changes the way you cycle your AR for the better. You'll no longer have to worry about breaking the roll pin on a standard charging handle when operating it with your support hand, and you'll no longer have to take your firing hand off the pistol grip for an old-school "claw" grip.

· Registered
491 Posts
I didn't get the QD, didn't see the need for it, as i have good optics for both now. I have a FF3 on the way for the AR 15, the AR 10 is more of a sniper set up, with bipod and all, and it's heavy as hell.

Gun fighter handles are on my wish list, but the stock ones are working fine for now, rather buy more ammo. Lol.

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You won't be let down by the Gunfighter charging handle. I have one on my build (MOD 4, medium) and it completely changes the way you cycle your AR for the better. You'll no longer have to worry about breaking the roll pin on a standard charging handle when operating it with your support hand, and you'll no longer have to take your firing hand off the pistol grip for an old-school "claw" grip.
Ya I've got a medium latch one alrdy on one of my guns and love it
for a gun with optics in the way, it seems like a no brainer

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't get the QD, didn't see the need for it, as i have good optics for both now. I have a FF3 on the way for the AR 15, the AR 10 is more of a sniper set up, with bipod and all, and it's heavy as hell.

Gun fighter handles are on my wish list, but the stock ones are working fine for now, rather buy more ammo. Lol.
Pic of the AR10?
ive got a billet longer range style build I wish to start soon. It's a 5.56 build. Will likely be dedicated optics setup though BUIS are a possibility.
On my guns even with a scope I prefer to keep some BUIS in place always as a rule of thumb

· Registered
491 Posts
I"ll get a pic up once the new Burris shows up. I just finished my budget build AR 15, and took the Burris XTR-156 that I had on the the AR 10 for that, and ordered a Burris MTAC 6.5-20x50 Mildot G2B for it.

It's a Armalite AR10T National Match SS Barrel, with a Magpul PRS, and a cheaper bipod until my Harris shows up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.