New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My amendment came back today with two (plastic) cards, lol. Moving up in the world. Took me long enough -- 15 years, ha, ha. Thank Coumo for that, went from 2 to 6 since January with more on the horizon. Time to give Firefly a call...

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the next one will be easier (and sooner). I'm just worried that its going to come back with restrictions one day...

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rookie. I filled two. I need a third. Possibly 4th once I add my latest purchases lol
All I need to do is buy a gun that fits every mag I've bought since 1/15/2013 and I think you'll have a little competition, lol...

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I graduated to two cards last year. I did, however, have them print the ones I carry more frequently onto the first card so that I don't have to keep both in my wallet (keeping the wallet thinner). I simply keep the second card in the safe...

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I am presuming your talking how many cards you have for how many pistols you have on them correct?

Just trying to understand if I sound like a idiot here..lol

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I am presuming your talking how many cards you have for how many pistols you have on them correct?
Yes. I think the first card can only list up to five handguns - after which the system prints a second card, etc (for those counties that issue plastic cards).

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Yes. I think the first card can only list up to five handguns - after which the system prints a second card, etc (for those counties that issue plastic cards).
Ok Thanks

As of right now I have 5 on my card so if I want more I need another card correct?,when I look at my card it looks like it can fit 2 more pistols maybe 3 or is there a set limit of 5 pistols per card?

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok Thanks

As of right now I have 5 on my card so if I want more I need another card correct?,when I look at my card it looks like it can fit 2 more pistols maybe 3 or is there a set limit of 5 pistols per card?
They've got 5 on the first card and 1 on the second. Signature and fingerprint are below the 5 guns listed on the first card. Maybe they do it differently in your county? I was surprised that they sent another card actually.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Mine is so smudged and worn. I need it reissued. I paid enough in $3 fees they can cover it. But I'm sure ill get raked over for another $10 or whatever for a duplicate copy to be issued. Nickel and dime , nickel and dime..

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
They've got 5 on the first card and 1 on the second. Signature and fingerprint are below the 5 guns listed on the first card. Maybe they do it differently in your county? I was surprised that they sent another card actually.
I'm glad we are treated like law abiding responsible gun owners here in Washington State, If we has to have coupons and record cards of handguns owned & bought I'l have to carry a book for all of the handguns I've owned. I sold about twenty handguns in the last year and bought a few high end handguns. I'll be getting a few more here shortly, I presently have over a doen of them at this time. I can't imaging going down to the cop shop to get a coupon every time I buy a pistol.
eleven handguns.jpg

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Mine is so smudged and worn. I need it reissued. I paid enough in $3 fees they can cover it. But I'm sure ill get raked over for another $10 or whatever for a duplicate copy to be issued. Nickel and dime , nickel and dime..
You know what is funny now Matt,

They just started charging $5.00 out my way to add a pistol to your permit,I finally figure why there doing that,they actually give you a new card so they charge $2.00 for the card and $3.00 to add a new pistol,I tell you why when I look at my pistol permit I notice where all my names where located,for instant my 3 S&W would be the first 3 listed then my FN 5.7 would be next in line,well when I had went to put my last pistol the Sig Sauer 1911 on my permit it was showing as my 2nd pistol not my last pistol..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts