New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always like fishing even if I never caught anything it was just the pleasure to get away from the house for awhile,my Landlord sold his boat a very long time ago nearly 17 years ago,so basically any fishing I did was off the shore line..My landlord boat ran around 42mph, so today I get to get in a real Bass boat for the first time and it is a Skeeter with a Yamaha V-Max 200hp on it that runs close to 80mph which belongs to a very good friend of my landlord and I friend of mine who I live next to and grew up with till he went in the service,since he moved back from Washington State just last year and finish his time in the service I finally get to go with him and have some fun fishing.

We will be on Lake Champlain for a couple hrs till we can not take the heat anymore as it is going to be a very hot and humid day..

Clarence

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Enjoy the day fishing! I always found fishing to be very relaxing! I haven't gone in awhile, might just have to make some time one of these days to get out!

FUAC!!!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Clarence here's a tip for you. if the boat is doing 80 mph and as big as you are try keeping you're head below that windshield. If not those bugs will hurt like a S.O.B. have a good time.;) and watch for seagulls.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Everyone,

Well we just got home about a hour ago..made for a long time fishing we where on the Lake at 5:30 and got home just about 6:45pm..man the sun was pretty intense today we both got sun burn pretty good..

Yes very true there Kevin, I was able to keep all those flying insects from getting me today,My friend Joey and I both had a great time today we mainly fished for Bass we got about 25 Bass but we released everything we catch,we also caught quite a few Pike..we approximately did a around 85 miles in just fishing spots today it made for a long day and all I can say is I am soar as hell but it was worth it to just go fishing..

Clarence

By the way here is a few pictures of the Skeeter Bass boat we fish in today..

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Tearing around in a fast boat and catching pike, what a wonderful sounding day. Sure was hot today too, I got cooked at the range today myself. At least you had an 80mph wind to cool you down, bugs notwithstanding.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tearing around in a fast boat and catching pike, what a wonderful sounding day. Sure was hot today too, I got cooked at the range today myself. At least you had an 80mph wind to cool you down, bugs notwithstanding.

Yeah going that fast is something but when you do go that fast you can also get wind burn too..lol

It sure was a very fun day we are planing on doing it again come October...I can not wait...

Clarence

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Great way to spend the day. You got the best part of the lake up there. We've drag a boat up there a few times and camped on Hero Island.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great way to spend the day. You got the best part of the lake up there. We've drag a boat up there a few times and camped on Hero Island.
Thanks Bill,

Yeah we started out in Rouses Point where I live at Sportsman's Pier and went all the way to Isle Vermont east side then we proceeded south to the Gut then to Mallets Bay then to Shelburne Bay before we started to head back North to Rouses Point,here is the route we took..

·
Registered
766 Posts
Awesome day I'm sure. Like the saying goes, "A bad fishing beats the hell out of a good day at work." Looks like a spectacular day. I'm jealous. Some friends and I kayaked around 7pm tonight to watch the full moon rise over the treeline. Got off the water around 8:30. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone it surely was a very nice day to have a day of fishing but also a day to take in a nice scenic tour of Lake Champlain..

Clarence

1 - 12 of 12 Posts