New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Became a resident of NY in Sept. I want a sportsman license for fishing and small game hunting but I found i need a hunting safety course. I live in Wayne Co, so how and where do I obtain a course and certificate. Also, the license are good from Oct to Sept....so are they pro rated by month or is it the full fee no matter when you buy the license?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not one course in Wayne or Ontario Counties!!! Another hoop to jump through.....to just shoot woodchucks!!!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Not one course in Wayne or Ontario Counties!!! Another hoop to jump through.....to just shoot woodchucks!!!
Once it gets closer to deer season, the number of classes offered goes way up. Just keep checking every now and again if you cant accommodate any of the currently offered locations.

As far as the cost of the license goes, it is not prorated.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
I took mine at the (town of) Ontario gun club. They must have stopped. My buddies dad taught it, I could ask him if they are planning one.

You should look at the ones offered in Monroe county. They would be close enough.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all the posts. Transporter.....you belong to the Big M gun club in Clifton? I hear that is a good club. Also want to check out the Williamson one too, but I do not think they have an indoor range either though. Going to call Shortsville...Thanks a lot.:cool:

·
Banned
478 Posts
No but I've been meaning to look into it, I have a big enough back yard that I can shoot just about anything I want, it would be nice to have another place to use during hunting season though. I always hate sighting in my gun in the same location I'm going to hunt.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just found out my nephew Joe belongs to the Big M range. He lives in Clifton and says it is a great place to rent out for all kind of fuctions as well as using the range. He said you do not need a sponser to join, but some in here say you do......hey, it;s part of NY so there is never a cut and dry answer!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts