New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was coming up with a new tattoo idea and was thinking maybe an interstate roadsign with 2A as the route and was searching images and came across some debate over HR 822 and that it could really be starting a **** storm. What are your thoughts on this? Not anything about NYS in particular, just if you think it will become more restrictive being in the Feds hands, though that is not really part of the plan. My tattoo depends on your thoughts!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Do you mean the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011? I think that may be dead in the water. Would've been nice, though, if guns could be as easy to bring across state lines as cars were, though. We'd have a few less good people turned criminals for venturing into NYC with their carry pistol, hopefully.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Pick whatever you'd like for your tattoo, but the discussion here on the HR822 has been beaten like a dead horse.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking back for about a month and couldn't find ay threads, Looked in laws and politics too, so what wasyour thought on it?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Not to deviate too much from the topic of the thread, but I've been trying to "build" a firearm-related tattoo in my head for a long time now. My wife and I are getting ink next week for our wedding anniversary, but I'd like to try for something gun-related after that. I don't just want a "gun" on my arm--something a little more subtle. I've toyed around with a tasteful "don't tread on me" design, but just can't make up my mind...

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
I was looking back for about a month and couldn't find ay threads, Looked in laws and politics too, so what wasyour thought on it?
Ultimately, it would be good for firearm enthusiasts, but at the same time I feel it is there because states cannot agree with each other so the federal government would be stepping in on a state matter.

Also, you'd have to look much farther back as It passed through the House in 2011, if I recall, so that is when we would've been talking about it.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
...because states cannot agree with each other so the federal government would be stepping in on a state matter.
But that's just the problem....it is in the FEDERAL Constitution. As such, that should pre-empt any State's attempt to restrict.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts