New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
16,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Suspect in Northern Calif. standoff surrenders | www.statesman.com

I understand looking for a suspect, but REALLY? The person in the photo was innocent. Even during a high risk situation like this, the rifle pointing at innocent people is still excessive. We stand by law enforcement who are for the most part great people. But this guy needs a class on muzzle control. Someone please send him a copy of the safety rules.

· Registered
2,082 Posts

· Registered
1,584 Posts
so many things wrong with that picture. Crossfire potential with the other officer, weapon retention (the muzzle is within perfect grabbing distance of that guy in the car) and the guy's hands are in plain sight, so he can't be reaching for a weapon. All in all, a picture is worth a thousand words. If you have reason to draw down on a suspect do it right. Behind cover, with the other officers out of your line of fire, finger off the trigger etc. I don't know wht the guy did to have a muzzle in his face, maybe nothing but I cannot make that call. All I know is, these guys need a tactics lesson

· Registered
14,520 Posts
I'd be pretty pissed off!

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Knowing I was innocent I would be asking him for a badge number and the name of his supervisor so I could sue him personally ASAP.

· Registered
3,865 Posts
No different than the terrorists storming people's homes a few months ago in Boston, pointing their loaded weapons at everyone. Disgusting.

· Registered
9,955 Posts
A police officer inappropriately brandishing a firearm is no different than a civilian brandishing one.

· Registered
741 Posts
That is totally unacceptable. I'd be tracking down a lawyer pronto.

· Registered
274 Posts
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong; but, didn't this shooting involve a Mexican Gang-banger? The cops knew who the suspect was from the get go. So, why pre tell, point an assault rifle at an innocent White man driving a High-end convertible, with HAIR and NO Tattoos??????
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Hood Muscle
Forehead Jaw Collar Throat Composite material

Uncanny resemblance, won't you say?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.