New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gun made by taurus that needs to get repaired. Does anyone know how to ship firearms back to taurus from NYC? I know there's certain laws that one must follow when it comes to shipping a firearm but I'm not 100% clear on what they are. If anyone knows I'd appreciate the help.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I believe firearms have to be shipped via FedEx. Taurus should have instruction from their repair department. When I sent my HK in for service, they sent me the exact steps on what to do.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Put it in a box, bring it to ups or fed-ex, and tell them you're shipping a firearm. It will cost about $50 for a pistol. Make sure you bring it to a regular shipping hub. UPS Stores and other pick-up locations won't touch it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. When shipping I know the gun has to be unloaded. But does it have to have a trigger lock on it?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay so I try to ship my firearm back to taurus for repairs today. However according to the folks down at one police plaza I have to get some type of shipping papers from taurus. The only way to get them is to call them. Yet there is no number on the site. Anyone know they're number?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got my gun shipped out today. Now it just a waiting game till I get it back. If you've ever seen the episode of the simpsons where homer wait's for his gun it's the exact same way I feel right now lol.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just go an email from taurus saying that they have my firearm but it will take six weeks to be repaired and sent back. If you've ever sent something back to them does is usually take that long?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts