5,419 Posts
Sounds like a plan!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Very interesting read I couldn't agree more with the requirement for personal cameras on every officer I think that in itself would do quite a bit to reign in the actions of over zealous officers and in a sense keep uniformed police "honest". Terminating officers that cost their jurisdiction a lawsuit is a no brainer that should be implemented. The immunity for citizens that need to defend themselves from officers acting against their civil rights is an excellent idea and needs to be in place nation wide as a safeguard against the very few officers that cross the line and become a danger.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Very interesting read I couldn't agree more with the requirement for personal cameras on every officer I think that in itself would do quite a bit to reign in the actions of over zealous officers and in a sense keep uniformed police "honest". Terminating officers that cost their jurisdiction a lawsuit is a no brainer that should be implemented. The immunity for citizens that need to defend themselves from officers acting against their civil rights is an excellent idea and needs to be in place nation wide as a safeguard against the very few officers that cross the line and become a danger.
WOW. I can not believe anyone would actually believe any of that nonsense.
First of all, anyone can sue anyone for anything. The fact that a government settles a lawsuit is not grounds to dismiss someone. That would violate due process. That annoying Constitution thing again.

Then, he wants to fire an officer if a camera malfunctions. So lets get this straight, in the middle of a deadly confrontation the Officer is supposed to call a TIME OUT and make sure his camera works?
Complaints have dropped where Officers wear cameras because the "aggrieved" people realize they will not be upheld.

The other effect of wearing cameras is it removes discretion from the Police. In other words, when an offense is committed, and it is on video, there can not be any warning not to do it again, an arrest must and will be made. Be careful what you wish for.

Deadly force cases go to a Grand Jury. That is, once again, that pesky old Constitution causing non ending problems for all the good people.

5. Provide statutory immunity for citizens who kill law enforcement officers under specific circumstances:

OK, this one is probably the best. We already have that, it is called Justification of Force (Self Defense). It is up to a JURY to decide the facts of the case, No law can or will ever grant blanket immunity for killing someone. Because, darn, that pesky Constitution again. The Due Process thing. The trial by jury thing.

That old Constitution sure does get in the way. Maybe we need to get rid of that, starting with the Bill of Rights.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
The officer discretion defense is BS. They wouldn't reviewing every minute of video. It would be reviewed if there were issues needing review. LEO still use discretion when their cars have video recording systems.

·
Registered
960 Posts
How to fix the police situation? Just do what you are told and don't resist PERIOD. What makes me mad is that a lot of folks including our own gun people are falling for this left media crap.

First they began attacking law abidding gun owners, i.e. you dont't need military type weapons, high cap magazines, pistol grips etc...now that they did us in here in NY they are now going after the cops with the same crap..military style weapons, armored vehicles, tactics..it's all B.S.

What's next..suit coats and ties for street cops? Don't laugh after the Attica Prison riot I worked at Attica and wore a suit and tie...they wanted us to be gentle to the child rapist, killers and druggies. Obviously that didn't last long.

It's easy..if you don't want your ass whooped...follow the rules..it has worked for over 63 years for me.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
How to fix the police situation? Just do what you are told and don't resist PERIOD. What makes me mad is that a lot of folks including our own gun people are falling for this left media crap.

First they began attacking law abidding gun owners, i.e. you dont't need military type weapons, high cap magazines, pistol grips etc...now that they did us in here in NY they are now going after the cops with the same crap..military style weapons, armored vehicles, tactics..it's all B.S.

What's next..suit coats and ties for street cops? Don't laugh after the Attica Prison riot I worked at Attica and wore a suit and tie...they wanted us to be gentle to the child rapist, killers and druggies. Obviously that didn't last long.

It's easy..if you don't want your ass whooped...follow the rules..it has worked for over 63 years for me.
:rofl:

No.

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
Seems you got a few panties in a twist with this one, Scars, and it's not even a religious or spanking kids thread. ;)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Looks like the Liberals are coming out:)

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Oh snap.

CUT AND RUN SCARS!

The he jig is up the news is out, they finally found me!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Support your Left Media hahhahahahahaha

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
WOW. I can not believe anyone would actually believe any of that nonsense.
First of all, anyone can sue anyone for anything. The fact that a government settles a lawsuit is not grounds to dismiss someone. That would violate due process. That annoying Constitution thing again.

Then, he wants to fire an officer if a camera malfunctions. So lets get this straight, in the middle of a deadly confrontation the Officer is supposed to call a TIME OUT and make sure his camera works?
Complaints have dropped where Officers wear cameras because the "aggrieved" people realize they will not be upheld.

The other effect of wearing cameras is it removes discretion from the Police. In other words, when an offense is committed, and it is on video, there can not be any warning not to do it again, an arrest must and will be made. Be careful what you wish for.

Deadly force cases go to a Grand Jury. That is, once again, that pesky old Constitution causing non ending problems for all the good people.

5. Provide statutory immunity for citizens who kill law enforcement officers under specific circumstances:

OK, this one is probably the best. We already have that, it is called Justification of Force (Self Defense). It is up to a JURY to decide the facts of the case, No law can or will ever grant blanket immunity for killing someone. Because, darn, that pesky Constitution again. The Due Process thing. The trial by jury thing.

That old Constitution sure does get in the way. Maybe we need to get rid of that, starting with the Bill of Rights.
All this talk of the Constitution is great!

First ones that should be following it is The Law Enforcement Agencies.

They are the ones who swear to uphold it.

Again, not all break/bend the rules written in the Constitution, but anyone of us could pull video after video after video of citizens Rights' being violated each and everyday.

·
Registered
960 Posts

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
This is a video of the police following the rules?

Is this the proper way to deal with an honest citizen?

Really, are these the commands that we should be following?

Get on the ****ing ground or I'll shoot you?

·
Registered
960 Posts
This is a video of the police following the rules?

Is this the proper way to deal with an honest citizen?

Really, are these the commands that we should be following?

Get on the ****ing ground or I'll shoot you?
I'm sorry you're correct..I forgot all cops are bad.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Here you go Ed. Guess this should cover things.

Follow the rules or follow orders? IMHO, there is a difference.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts