New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen...do any of you have any experience with this?. I have 2 furniture pieces,books, 2 full toy boxes and some other miscelleanous items. This by NO means is trash but i have to get rid of it. I have no time for a garage sale so maybe someone dealing with tougher times can gain from it trough the Salvation Army. Do they do pick-ups? Do any of you have any experience with them. Any suggestions or advise would really be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Gentlemen...do any of you have any experience with this?. I have 2 furniture pieces,books, 2 full toy boxes and some other miscelleanous items. This by NO means is trash but i have to get rid of it. I have no time for a garage sale so maybe someone dealing with tougher times can gain from it trough the Salvation Army. Do they do pick-ups? Do any of you have any experience with them. Any suggestions or advise would really be appreciated.
Throw it up on CL free section, I got rid of tons of stuff a couple years ago via this route and folks in need do better because they arent paying a middle man. If the tax write off is necessary I believe you can still call salvation army and set up a pick up at your house, though the folks coming to your house are often times heavy drug users in rehab programs ( working at the stores you learn quite a bit) otherwise you can always just find yoru nearest one and drop it all off. I just dumped off a load of stuff I couldnt give away at goodwill about an hour ago.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Throw it up on CL free section, I got rid of tons of stuff a couple years ago via this route and folks in need do better because they arent paying a middle man. If the tax write off is necessary I believe you can still call salvation army and set up a pick up at your house, though the folks coming to your house are often times heavy drug users in rehab programs ( working at the stores you learn quite a bit) otherwise you can always just find yoru nearest one and drop it all off. I just dumped off a load of stuff I couldnt give away at goodwill about an hour ago.
I hear ya but CL can bring around way too many Bs'ers or creeps. CL is out of the question. Ty for the suggestion.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I hear ya but CL can bring around way too many Bs'ers or creeps. CL is out of the question. Ty for the suggestion.
All I did was put up a post saying these items will be sitting on the curb for free for x amount of time on y day. Trust me I know what craigslist brings around. I was in the city of Rochester at the time and the giant pile o stuff I had on the curb disappeared within 4 hours of it being put out, no muss no fuss, no dealing with wierd cl folk lol

·
Registered
850 Posts
I am not a bigwig at The Salvation Army but I do work for them.
TSA will pick up your unwanted furniture and clothes. You can call 1-800-SA-TRUCK to schedule a pick up. There is also a website and even an APP.
This "product" will be sorted and may be sold in one of their Family Stores. The funds raised are then used to directly run and operate one of their Adult Rehabilitation Centers. You live in Westchester so the chances that your donation will be used to help with the operation of the center in Mount Vernon where we house and try and rehabilitate 100 men with substance abuse addictions.
Although we pick up, you can also drop your donations at any of our stores.
...... Don't forget to get a receipt for a taxes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts