New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't recall seeing this discussed much. So what's the norm? Do most have complete rifles or buy multiple uppers to use on one (or more) lowers? I prefer complete rifles that are ready to stand on their own if necessary and actually own more lowers than uppers lol. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I run multiple uppers off different lowers mainly because I have a few odd caliber uppers (9mm, 6.8 SPC,...) and one 20" barrel that I just do not use enough to justify more lowers. Not just with ARs either....

For my Sig P220 I have a complete upper in 22lr that I can throw on for cheap plinking rather then use 45acp all the time. Same with my P229 in 40sw, I have a complete upper for that in 9mm as well. All about versatility and when family / friends come around to shoot, I don't have to go through the good stuff all the time.

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
I always had thought why buy a dedicated .22lr upper for $400-600 when a M&P 15-22 could be had for the same price. Now, post 1/15/13. If you want a tactical looking .22 rimfire, you have no other choice.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Don't recall seeing this discussed much. So what's the norm? Do most have complete rifles or buy multiple uppers to use on one (or more) lowers? I prefer complete rifles that are ready to stand on their own if necessary and actually own more lowers than uppers lol. What do you guys think?
Back when i actually owned sporting rifles, I also actually owned more lowers then uppers oddly enough. I like the ability to shoot with different triggers depending on what I was doing. Its an odd way to look at it I guess but it worked back when I had sporting rifles. Oh how I miss those sporting rifles and their modular capability.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.