New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I posted that I have it and my glock on FB. I have about 150 friends/family on there, but every friend of mine I know personally and associate with, there's no "fb game" friends or anything... past that, my settings are for friends only so things won't show up in friends of friends feeds or anything.

Past that, who knows what people say when they talk with one another, and i'm guessing some people may even have forgotten already.

Any particular reason you ask, or were you just sparking conversation?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Not many.....wife, grown up son/daug, father,and father in law(both ret. leo), select few others on need to know basis. Most of time, wife isnt sure if I am carrying or not( always do)....I dont really think she wants to know.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Am I?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Some immediate relatives and a few close friends (that I knew were not anti before anything was mentioned). If I were in a state that recognized my rights, I would be much more open with it.

Oh, and something like half the people on this forum... oops...

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Anyone that I shoot with knows I have a pistol license, everyone that I work with (most of them have one too), Family members, Most of the cops I know, not a real big secret I guess.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
3 close friends, 3 siblings.

Might come up if I'm dating somebody for a while. (Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?)

Likely to come up in a private party sale or purchase. More than likely at the range.

Everybody who reads this.

I don't go out of my way to share it or hide it.

Might come up in conversation if somebody exhibits gun guy or gun gal qualities.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
most people who know me....even at work. i love to say it with the C_O's sitting at the table..."Why do you neeeeeed that????"

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Most of my good friends. Pretty much all my family. Most of my family is into firearms anyways, so it's not like they care.

Most people who know me are also into firearms, and some of them have their pistol permits as well. So, I guess a bunch of casual acquaintances/friends as well.

I don't flaunt it around with Glock or Smith and Wesson T-shirts or anything. I'm not afraid to strike up the conversation with people who I know are into firearms though.

·
Registered
982 Posts
More than 25 and less than 50. Not counting fake internet people.

Mother, brother, wife, 2 kids, nephew, brother in law, neighbor and his son, 7 coworkers, 4 permit references, sheriff, judge, clerk, 4-5 people met at the range. probably some I forgot.

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
everyone that see's me wearing this shirt probably knows:

guesswhatgun.jpg

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
So I shouldn't be wearing my NRA tee shirts?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The only friends and family that even know I own a firearm are all firearm/ccw people, it's probably less than 50 people.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts