New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im wondering how long I have to wait after my fingerprints to get my permit. ive been reading some posts on here saying it takes over a month. but those posts where over a year ago. I work with a woman who just got here pistol permit a few weeks ago and said that she got her permit 2 weeks after her fingerprints. I was just wondering if they are speeding things up now and if anyone else just got their permit in that short of time. im crossing my fingers!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok cool that's not to bad. I forgot to say that im going for my fingerprints sep 9th so a little over a week away!!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
There is no way in hell that they are that busy with permits. I don't know the inner workings of that office, but 9 months?
same here as with squonk, i went to set appointment in late Dec. 12' got a may 13' date for prints, waited another 10 months after prints before it came. All the while other forum members that had applyed after squonk and i, were being approved much faster before us, sure some of the delay was due to the overwhelming rush of applications after newtown but, i think it depends more on the background information in the application. if you made stupid teenage mistakes be prepared to wait.... and wait... and wait some more.....and i'm not so sure it's anything to do with our judges, i've heard both are 2a friendly. my permit was signed by one and ammendment signed by the other shortly after my 1st purchase.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Holy crap. Here in Orange I called on wed (7/16) to set up a fingerprint/ initial interview. Did that the following Saturday (7/19). Finished my packet up and took my NRA class within two weeks. Went and purchased a firearm that week. Dropped off the packet on a Friday (8/8), had my Sheriffs interview on the following Monday (8/11). Was told it would be heading out of the office the following week. Also was hinted that my Judge is good and it shouldn't be more than 2-3 months, possibly sooner. All in all the OC Sheriffs were courteous, professional, and very helpful. It took less than a month for my part to be done.... now I wait.

·
Registered
15 Posts
5 months for finger prints

I just went for my prints recently and was told if I had no arrests, etc. I should receive the letter to come in to pickup my permit in 4-6 weeks. As mentioned in the title I had to wait 5 months just for the finger print appointment. So fingers crossed I will get a letter in the mail soon saying to come get it!

hey guys im wondering how long I have to wait after my fingerprints to get my permit. ive been reading some posts on here saying it takes over a month. but those posts where over a year ago. I work with a woman who just got here pistol permit a few weeks ago and said that she got her permit 2 weeks after her fingerprints. I was just wondering if they are speeding things up now and if anyone else just got their permit in that short of time. im crossing my fingers!!

·
Registered
876 Posts
It seems that Dutchess Co. has caught up with all the permit applications and amendments. Tylerliz, you got lucky. My girlfriend had to wait 8 months for her prints. After the prints, her permit was approved and picked up two weeks later.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was on the same boat as her, I had to wait 8 months for my prints and photos. I just did them today and while I was getting printed the woman said I was already approved! So just have to wait about 2 weeks for the permit to come in the mail and already bought my glock 19 :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
I was on the same boat as her, I had to wait 8 months for my prints and photos. I just did them today and while I was getting printed the woman said I was already approved! So just have to wait about 2 weeks for the permit to come in the mail and already bought my glock 19 :)
Yes, it seems that Dutchess will do some sort of investigation before you have your photo and prints. After that I guess its academic. A print check must be real quick.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah it was very quick. I was out of there in 20 min and while she was doing my prints she said they already approved my permit. So now the wait for it to come in the mail!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Plus wondering how long the wait is after I give them my first gun info to put on my permit. Has anyone done an amendment recently in dutchess county??

1 - 20 of 30 Posts