1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Very good read. Thank you!

·
Registered
156 Posts
excellent article. usually i get a little distracted when reading something that long on a computer but that was a very compelling read.

problem is just like the article said the people who it was meant to inform with brush it off as non-sense and evil because it is pro gun and portrays anti-gunners in a negative way.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Good read though I wish he'd leave out the nazi comparisons and abortion comments. You're not going to win any converts by bringing in Godwin's Law or another separate politically charged issue.

I really like the way he pointed out how many who are anti-gun believe in 'experts' yet throw all that out the window when it comes to legislation on guns.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Well the antis would never buy into the argument being made in the article, because the truth hurts.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good read though I wish he'd leave out the nazi comparisons and abortion comments. You're not going to win any converts by bringing in Godwin's Law or another separate politically charged issue.
I understand your point, but on the liberal left I doubt there are many converts to be had. These people have made up their minds and are not going to let facts stand in the way of arguing their position. The abortion comparison highlights the hypocrisy of the liberal left on the gun issue. They call us baby killers while at the same time fighting for a woman's right to an abortion. It's not an argument I would make trying to convince someone who is 'middle of the road' on the gun issue, but it is a valid point.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Thank you for posting. Great article & agree that the anti wouldn't agree because it's the truth. I forward it to friends though email.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I understand your point, but on the liberal left I doubt there are many converts to be had. These people have made up their minds and are not going to let facts stand in the way of arguing their position. The abortion comparison highlights the hypocrisy of the liberal left on the gun issue. They call us baby killers while at the same time fighting for a woman's right to an abortion. It's not an argument I would make trying to convince someone who is 'middle of the road' on the gun issue, but it is a valid point.
Oh I agree that there are lots of people who will never chance their minds, but I think there's a large group in this country who could. The anti-gunners like to pretend like we're the vocal minority but they're no less of one... most Americans could go either way on different gun proposals. They're the ones I want to see talked to. Hell, I'm pretty liberal. But I don't believe we should ignore the 2nd Amendment any more than the others.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
The abortion comparison highlights the hypocrisy of the liberal left on the gun issue. They call us baby killers while at the same time fighting for a woman's right to an abortion.
The Kermit Gosnell trial has taken the abortion hypocrisy to a whole new level. If only the drive-bys had covered that trial as well as they covered Limbaugh calling Sandra Fluke a slut.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think Snell did a great job at highlighting the differences between us and the anti-gun crowd. All of their arguments are built on hyperbola and ignorance and they scream like wounded animals as their lies are exposed. They blame the NRA, "assault weapons", etc. for all the evils in the world but go silent on monsters like Gosnell. They just about called for a public lynching of George Zimmerman despite the fact that every ounce of credible evidence points to his innocence. They hoped and prayed that the Boston bombers were tea-party activists. While our adversaries are a vile bunch of bigoted sycophants, they are not stupid (with the exception of Joe Biden) and are quite good at using the general public’s ignorance on guns to their advantage. Therefore, while some here may take issue with some of his points, I think we need more articles like Snell’s.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thanks for sharing Setters. That was the most intelligent read, on "the gun issue" I have seen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts