New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a marlin xs7 .308 a few months ago and i'm not a fan of it and want to sell it/get it taken off my permit. I liv in manhattan! Does anyone know how I can go about selling it and haveing it taken of my permit?

· Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, In nyC you need a rifle/shotgun permit to own rifles and shotguns. @hich just like the handgun permit you can only own 5 if you whish to own more you have to show proof that you have a means of keeping them locked up. I know it's all BS but like it was already said in this thread if you all sit on your hands long enough sooner or later nyS will become like nyc.

So like I asked in the main posting does anyone know how I can sell my rifle and get it taken off my permit? Thanks in advance for the help!

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Why not call 1PP and ask them.I'm thinking that you can sell it through/to an FFL dealer and then present written proof of the sale for removal from the permit. But in NYC ther is probably a form in quadruplicate that will have to be filled out. Good luck

· Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For manhattan does anyone know what the law is if you already have four rifles and want to buy a fifth rifle? I know theres a bunch of stuff you have to do if you want to own five handguns but i'm not sure it the same rule applies for rifles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.