New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you know its actually a preban mag for Glock? I' have recently been offered Glock 19 and a Glock 26 for next to nothing the problem is some of the mags are def more then 10 rounds. To be fair i don't want to risk the problem on pistols that will likely never become more then range and safe guns. One of he mags is marked for law enforcement only and I'm pretty sure that is going to be a post ban giveaway.... If you have any thoughts or some where to reference this let me know.

I appreciate any advice on the matter or an answer to a the same question on AR 30rd mags

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Pe-ban AR15 mags are sometimes date stamped on the interior, and rarely on the exterior. The majority you will find that are pre-ban are USGI mags. There are also Canadian pre-ban mags which are polymer (orelite).

As for Glock Mags, they are allot easier to identify. Original (Pre-Ban) Glock Magazines were designed to stick in the magazine well if the magazines had ammunition in them and the magazine catch was inadvertently pushed. These magazines had no inserts and the floor plates didn’t have the hole in them as the future varieties have. You can tell these magazines easily by the distinctive “U-shaped” notch. There are later generation Full Metal Lined Glock Magazines that have a "Square Notch" that are also Pre-Ban, These can be identified by the Caliber marking being slightly lower down the magazine, Where as on Post-Ban Magazines, the Caliber Markings are positioned higher up towards the back of the mag.

99.9999% of the time, if it says "For Law Enforcement Only", stay away from it.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If you read thru the thread, there are some people who don't deem that image to be worthy, however (as I believe RPD Dave said) it's on the DA to provide the proof that the magazine is post-ban, not for you to prove that it is pre-ban

1 - 14 of 14 Posts