New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
16,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my permit and have been carrying a Gen4 G26 in a CBSTD Horsehide/Combat cut. I am a lefty and wear at around 8:00. Just curious, those who have a CBSTD, where do you wear it and what holes do you have the clips set on? I have read some comments that you will find your "sweet spot" and some mention they forget they have it on. Compared to not carrying, I don't think I will ever not notice I am carrying. I am 5'5" and weigh 145 lbs (not overweight but very fit and muscular). Been trying different cants and not quite sure I've found my sweet spot. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
225 Posts
I have been wearing it at about 4-5 o'clock, and it took a little while for it to break in. I would say that it hasn't broken in yet, even though I've been wearing it every day. I got the horsehide option, and it has taken on different curves and bends at this point.

As far as the holes, I have it canted forward so that the grip of my G23 is more straight up than back, and I had to try several different cants and "clock positions" before I got one that felt right. Based on 12 hours of carry on Saturday, this thing is going to be really comfortable in no time. It's already fantastic. I use the bottom hole on the rearward clip, and the second from the top hole on the front clip.

I've worn it with casual clothes (shorts, t-shirt and a fleece vest) and with very dressy clothes (shirt, tie, jacket). I found that the Gen 4 grip pattern chafes my skin a bit, but the holster doesn't at all. With an undershirt under the ST and a dress shirt over it and "tucked", it practically disappeared.

I'm 6'4 and 230lbs. This thing is a winner--really happy with the purchase, even though it took 6 weeks to get it.

· Registered
1,176 Posts
i loved my supertuck worn at 4 o'clock, though i hated the sig p239 in .40 (and sold both to a friend for a measly $500). still, the crossbreed was well worth the $85, especially since it was shipped with a roll of red lifesavers. no, seriously. anyone else get the candy treatment?

· Registered
982 Posts
Mine showed up three days ago. I didn't get any lifesavers :-(
I am still testing, but I like it alot. I wore mine at 5oclock with the rear clip in the bottom hole and the forward clip in the third from the bottom. I'm going to try it with the forward clip one higher.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.