New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new holster for a M&P40c that I recently acquired. I have CrossBreed SuperTuck's for my other CCW guns (XD45c and LCP), but thought I'd venture out and try something different this time around. So basically I'm open to any and all suggestions. I prefer IWB. Actually those Remora Holsters have caught my eye, so any feedback on those would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
If the Supertuck is working for you and you have no complaints, its a little silly to venture out. It can only be worse right? But that said, Remora is ok, but I wouldn't recommend it as an only/full-time solution. It's nice if you want to switch from IWB to pocket carry, or for a quick run out, but won't be nearly as comfortable, stable, or fast as your Supertuck.

If you want to try something different I'd recommend a nice leather holster. Bob Durbin locally makes a great IWB holster, also Ritchie Leather in Buffalo is good. Ritchie has a website you can order through. High Noon Holsters is my favorite non-local maker.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not silly to venture out if I find something that I like better.... I might have to get in touch with Bob Durbin. Does he have a website or brochure or is there a specific model I should look into?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I suppose. Seems like you're looking for a solution to a non-existent problem. But far be it from me to keep you from buying new toys :)

Bob doesn't have a website, but you can call him up and tell him what you want. Info is below:

Durb's Custom Leather & Knives
Robert Durbin
7556 Spencer Road
Dansville NY 14437
585 335 3832

Dave (President/Founder/CEO/Overlord of Rochester Personal Defense) worked with Bob to create a custom leather holster, the "Jenkins IWB Holster." You can find pictures and a short review here: http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/accessories-gear/27020-new-holster-bob-durbin.html I'm not sure what else he makes, everyone around here seems to use that holster.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you look at the galco summer comfort, check out the ones on smith&wesson site. They have them with the m&p logo stamped into them and they are like 65.00. They also have another brand with the S&W logo on it.

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
CompTac CTAC

·
Registered
79 Posts
My first advise would be if you are happy with crossbread stick with it. (If it isnt broke dont fix it) But I have boxes of holsters because I dont follow my own advise and always looking for the next best thing. I have been very happy with highnoon holsters. (highnoonholsters.dot.com) Have them for most of my CCW guns and love them. I am also fond of the DiSantis cozy partner.

·
Registered
780 Posts
You won't get any better quality for the money than from Bob. He'll make you anything you want.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am soon to try a durbin as I really want a new holster for my kimber full size and he has great prices, But right now I carry my m&p 40c in a ritchie stakeout IWB holster and I love it, I actually just ordered some 1.75 belt loops from him today for my new carry belt!
-Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts