New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, just picked up my M&P Shield 40 cal and now trying to figure out holster options. Any recommendations?

I was looking at the new alien gear holster that just came out but heard some on and off reviews about people still waiting for them 2 months later. Also looking for ideas on places to get them, websites, stores, etc...

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Nates Tactical are pretty popular: https://www.n82tactical.com/ I've got one and it's super comfortable but the single clip design means that it rocks back and forth when I sit-stand-sit and the grip is never in the same spot when I reach for it. I seem to be the only one *****ing about it though, ymmv.

After collecting a box full of holsters in the few months I've had my permit, I've gone to an OWB and I am not looking back: http://nyfirearms.com/forums/accessories-gear/84034-holster-review-crappy-pics.html

·
Registered
154 Posts
Love my DeSantis Intruder for IWB. Order through DeSantis or they go for a decent price on eBay.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I like hybrid holsters that are leather backing with a kydex mold attached. The best one I've found so far is the SHTFgear.com holster. It lets me hide a large gun all day everyday.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Nates Tactical are pretty popular: https://www.n82tactical.com/ I've got one and it's super comfortable but the single clip design means that it rocks back and forth when I sit-stand-sit and the grip is never in the same spot when I reach for it. I seem to be the only one *****ing about it though, ymmv.

After collecting a box full of holsters in the few months I've had my permit, I've gone to an OWB and I am not looking back: http://nyfirearms.com/forums/accessories-gear/84034-holster-review-crappy-pics.html
I use a N82 pro and it doesn't tilt at all. Maybe the screw on yours is loose.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I carry my Shield in a N82 Pro. The screw was loose - the only way I got it to tighten was to rotate the clip around clockwise until I got to the point I wanted it at. I just couldn't get the torque on the screw head otherwise. It does still rock slightly on the belt itself, but that is tolerable because I wanted a single clip design for fast removal for when the tones go off for ambulance call. It is very comfortable and I carry under a polo tucked in and it doesn't noticeably print.

I am curious about the new Alien Gear cloak tuck with the neoprene layer. I wonder how that compares with the soft suede of the N82 inside layer.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Here we go again. Someone asks for holster ideas.
all the Nate Squared Pro lovers (myself included) will step up and tell you how comfortable they are.
Then the rest of the crew will rip on the Nate Squared as not being tactical enough.
(Sarcasm and joking around in case you can't tell)

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
This..... check the Phillips head screw. Mine is secure.

Love the N82 Professional line. Used daily on my sigs, glocks,Springfields, etc....

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've recently started looking at holsters too and purchased a few different style's/brands. There's just SO many options out there. Just keep in mind everyone will have different preferences than you. Both in the gun they carry, and what holster styles they use, as well as brands. Also keep in mind different people conceal differently depending on time of the year or even where you are going or where you work (work clothing may differ for different jobs etc). My advice is just to check out some of the better name brand ones and try a few. I doubt you'll just buy one holster you like and never get anything else.

I just purchased one of the new alien gear holsters, I think on the website it said up to 4 weeks or something for delivery, I had it under 2 and the quality seems very good for the price. I'm definitely happy with it. I also ordered a few different kydex pieces so I can carry most of my pistols now just by swapping those out. Price was good too. I have 3 or 4 different holsters now, some I bought used here even. I'm not really disappointed with any of them, I can see each have benefits over the others depending on the situation. My $.02

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
The whole holster cants back-and-forth easily with the gun in it, clip is firmly attached and screw is tight. I prefer a double clip design like the Foxx so that there is absolutely no possibility for the holster to shift. (I may be the only one with a screw loose.)

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I have a Crossbreed SuperTuk I wore maybe 4 times ($50 shipped) and a RocCity Kydex Appendix Carry ($35 shipped) im looking to get rid of.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
I have yet to find a single clip holster that won't shift, even if slightly, and have the trip presented differently depending on how the body is positioned.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I also have a Nate2 pro and absolutely love it for its comfort and concealment. I did have an issue with the clip getting loose, but was able to fix that. Now, as long as my belt is good and snug, the pistol stays put for me. However, the retention system they use for these works a little too well. It is difficult to get a good grip on my XDs and rotate it that little bit to draw quick and smooth. At least I don't have to worry about anyone being able to take the gun away from me by pulling it from the holster. Until I finish loosing the belly fat and can start carrying appendix, I will be sticking with the N82. I just have to practice my draw every day to make it smoother and faster.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Jmac's rules of Holsters............For every ONE HAND GUN, you must have at least 50 holsters for the same gun. :cheers::patriot:

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Here we go again. Someone asks for holster ideas.
all the Nate Squared Pro lovers (myself included) will step up and tell you how comfortable they are.
Then the rest of the crew will rip on the Nate Squared as not being tactical enough.
(Sarcasm and joking around in case you can't tell)
I don't rip and trip all over you ! I just read all the posts then go take a look at them ! It's better than spending time " shopping " when you don't know what you like verses some one else already took the dive ! So it's like a list of what to look at next . Ya never can tell what you may find .

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Comptac MTAC iwb

1 - 20 of 24 Posts