New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took out the new over under this weekend for trap shooting (I have a lot of practice to do), now I don't have a lot of experience shotgun firing if you include the 50 rounds I put through it on Sunday I have only fired about 90 total shotgun rounds my whole life. It bruised the heck out of my bicep...so here is my question am I holding it wrong or is it a length of pull issue...

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
well the butt of the stock should be tight to your shoulder, so I'm not totally sure how your bicep got bruised. When I would shoot 3" shells, it's always my shoulder that was sore the next day.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I am holding it wrong so I am not sure if it is because of length of pull or what I am doing wrong...obviously something...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also think in conjunction with my hold the length of pull is too long for me so I am going to take it up to gander mountain next week to have that adjusted as well...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
No expert here but I've busted a bird or two... The butt belongs in the soft pocket just inboard of your shoulder joint. Pull the gun it tight against you and in the pocket and you should be good to go. You may even smoke a few more. A padded vest is a nice accessory and you'll look just dapper on the trap range...

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have a 40's vintage Iver Johnson Champion that kicks like a mule. It is unpleasant to shoot it continuously. That being said, holding it firmly against my shoulder makes the recoil much more tolerable.

In any case, you won't hit your targets without holding the shotgun properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.