1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
215 Posts
Another circus where NOTHING will happen and no one will be held accountable. Your tax dollars at work...

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some day everything the Gov has been hiding for years will all come to light. Something will make this happen.

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
I listened to the hearing for a little while today and was impressed by Mr. Gowdy from SC. He certainly didn't pull any punches.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
This is going to give Barry some unwelcome attention in November. Unless Mitt screws up royally, this will help him a lot.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
This is going to give Barry some unwelcome attention in November. Unless Mitt screws up royally, this will help him a lot.
Mittens sucks, I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher. He's just another liberal m*******. Ron Paul 2012 FTW

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Mittens sucks, I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher. He's just another liberal m*******. Ron Paul 2012 FTW
The lesser of 2 evils is still less evil. If Ron Paul gets the republican nod, I'll vote for him, but its a long shot. Otherwise, I'll be voting for Mitt and his magical underpants.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Obama displays his contempt for the American judicial process, and his legions of zombies will vote for him. And f**** Mittens!

·
Registered
459 Posts
They are all crooked and we have really no one to vote for that's on the up and up. I think things are beyond fixing.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Another circus where NOTHING will happen and no one will be held accountable. Your tax dollars at work...
Unfortunately, I have to agree. So if it goes to the floor and passes, then what? Oh, on to the very same Justice Dept to prosecute where it will wait until congress' term expires and this resolution and any associated law suits die with it. This dog is all bark and no teeth. Best we can hope for is come November the people show this administration the door. I think this ELP song descibes it better than I ever could...

Welcome back my friends
to the show that never ends
We're so glad could attend,
come inside, come inside
There behind a glass
stands a real blade of grass
Be careful as you pass,
move along, move along

Come inside,
the show's about to start
Guaranteed
to blow your head apart
Rest assured
you'll get your money's worth
The greatest show
in Heaven, Hell or Earth
You've got to see the show,
it's a dynamo
it's rock and roll, oh

Right before your eyes
see the laughter from the skies
And he laughs until he cries,
then he dies, then he dies

Come inside,
the show's about to start
Guaranteed
to blow your head apart
it's a dynamo
it's rock and roll, oh

Soon the Gypsy Queen
in a glaze of vaseline
Will perform on guillotine,
what a scene, what a scene
Next upon the stand
will you please extend a hand
To Alexander's Ragtime Band,
Dixieland, Dixieland

Roll up, roll up, roll up
See the show

Performing on a stool
we've a sight to make you drool
Seven virgins and a mule,
keep it cool, keep it cool
We would like it to be known
the exhibits that were shown
Were exclusively our own,
all our own, all our own

Come and see the show,
come and see the show
Come and see the show
See the show

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
The guy belonged behind bars after the Waco BBQ, this latest disaster is just another in Holder's long list.

He will still be AG when the smoke clears, Issa's a toothless tiger and Grassley will roll over in the end as well.

BTW, how's the DOJ's investigation into the $BILLION+ Corzine stole from The Merc, and sent to JP Morgan?

Back to sleep America, the anointed don't play by the rules and never are held to account.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
this will be over and forgotten by then. it will do nothing to obama. it shouldn't be that way but that's reality.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"How can the President assert executive privilege if there was no White House involvement? How can the President exert executive privilege over documents he's supposedly never seen? Is something very big being hidden to go to this extreme?" -- Senator Chuck Grassley(R-IA), June 20, 2012

Having promised that his administration would be the "most open and transparent in history," President Barack Obama invoked executive privilege today to lock up documents that House investigators were seeking in relation to the cover-up surrounding Operation Fast & Furious.

In response, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee voted to hold Eric Holder in contempt of Congress, noting that he has consistently refused to release thousands upon thousands of subpoenaed documents.

Executive privilege has been used by Presidents in the past (all the way back to George Washington) as a mechanism to protect sensitive documents relating to things like the military, foreign powers, or the President's power to pardon.

But today's invoking of executive privilege was not aimed at protecting the country. Rather, it appears to be nothing more than a crass attempt to cover-up lies and misstatements made by Eric Holder and others in his department. Consider some of the following:

• The Justice Department -- in a letter dated February 4, 2011 -- told Congress that the U.S. does not knowingly help smuggle guns intoMexico. The Justice Department had to retract that letter ten months later.
  • On May 5, 2011, Attorney General Eric Holder testified before Congress that he only learned about Fast & Furious "a few weeks ago." Later, he had to confess that it would have been more accurate to say "a couple of months" ago -- and even that statement was dubious considering that he had received memos on Fast & Furious as far back as July, 2010.
  • On June 12, 2012, Attorney General Holder defiantly told Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) that the Bush administration knew that guns were being smuggled into Mexico as part of a program called Operation Wide Receiver. The insinuation was that the Obama administration simply inherited a "gun walking" program that was out of control. Today, however, Holder had to retract his earlier statement that Bush officials knew about "gun walking."

• Finally, there are the leaked affidavits. As reported by John Lott today, a mole in the Justice Department gave Rep. Darrell Issa's Oversight and Government Reform Committee a set of wiretap applications "proving that high department officials knew about the administration's efforts to aid the gun smuggling." As noted by Lott, this destroyed much of Holder's credibility since he had claimed these wiretap applications were not relevant to Fast & Furious and justified his refusal to release them.
Technically speaking, executive privilege is supposed to be employed to protect deliberations where the President was personally involved. Hence, the invoking of the privilege seems to suggest that the President (or his top deputies) have known more about Fast & Furious than has heretofore been admitted by any Justice Department official.

It's interesting that Eric Holder wanted to get immunity from Issa's committee before he would give any more paperwork to them. Having failed to get the desired immunity, Holder asked President Obama to lock up the requested documents.

One significant Senator blasted the use of executive privilege: "There's been a tendency on the part of this administration to try to hide behind executive privilege every time there's something a little shaky taking place. The administration would be best served by coming clean on this."

Ironically, that quote does not come from any Republican in the Senate, but rather from then-Sen. Barack Obama during a CNN interview on March 19, 2007.

The President has just raised the stakes as his actions today point to his involvement in either planning or covering up the fallout related to Operation Fast & Furious.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Ron Paul (as much as I like the majority of his positions) hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell. A vote for him is a vote for Obummer. While I don't agree with all of his positions, Mitt Romney is a MUCH better choice to lead this country out of the sinkhole Obozo has been digging for us.

I for one will not be throwing my vote away, I want my vote to count. Obotard must go!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Stick a fork in the Republic, we lose regardless of who's victorious in November.

The assumption that Romney is ANY different than Obama is where you've gone awry.

Romney will continue leading this country straight down the toilet.

More bailouts, more spending, more endless crusading.

Romney is fine with fiat currency, more undeclared wars, and continuing America's psychotic foreign policy.

He won't touch spending with any seriousness, and pretends like somehow he'll make it work without tough cuts.

I'm not buying it, experience teaches me not to believe empty campaign promises.

The illusion of choice is all we have.

Romney's the devil you don't know, don't kid yourself.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
It's Bush's fault :rofl:
Much of it is, and denying that reality gets us nowhere.

I realize the libs think all things that ail us are Bush's fault, but there's a lot of truth in your statement, even if it wasn't intended.

GWB was the lead idiot who started these crusades, and spent TRILLIONS chasing some contrived Islamic bogeyman.

10 years later we're bankrupt, still at "war", with no end in sight.

Yes, it is largely Bush's fault that we've bankrupted the treasury to fight this endless crusade.

I say this as a card carrying member of the GOP who once believed the lies.

Never again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts