New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a hog hunting guide or preserve for about 4-5 guys in PA, WVa or VA? We're trying to keep it close. I've found a bunch online but would like to hear some experiences if possible.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well this may not be a help at all to you because you didn't say you wanted a spot in NY but earlier this summer I hunted hog with four buddies at Easton View Outfitters in Valley Falls NY near Albany.
The guides and accommodations were great and it was real hunting, not shopping.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Can anyone recommend a hog hunting guide or preserve for about 4-5 guys in PA, WVa or VA? We're trying to keep it close. I've found a bunch online but would like to hear some experiences if possible.
I would get as far south as possible. What are you going to pop them with?

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would get as far south as possible. What are you going to pop them with?
Probably a 7.62 AR.

I wouldn't be against NY. I didn't even realize we had hog hunting here. I'll look into that place. Also, one of my friends is in NC so we were going to try yo meet halfway.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well this may not be a help at all to you because you didn't say you wanted a spot in NY but earlier this summer I hunted hog with four buddies at Easton View Outfitters in Valley Falls NY near Albany.
The guides and accommodations were great and it was real hunting, not shopping.
I looked up their website. I didn't see hogs on their list of game animals.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I went on a hog hunt with 3 other guys last year at http://thewildernesspa.com. It is in Southern PA. The staff was very professional. The hunt was fun and reasonably priced.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Once I sharpened sticks and killed a beast with my friends Ralph, Piggy and SamnEric.

Seriously though, something I think would be really cool to do.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts