New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
They will not be happy until they put everyone out of business and that results in more people under the government social system, AND.... the business person becomes the VILLIAN for closing their stores and wiping out the jobs! The blame will never go back to where it really belongs!! Then the Dum-O-Rats get reelected because they are pushing through more social programs!! Ignorant people!!

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
I love hobby lobby. I'm pro choice but don't agree a business should be forced to offer coverage for after conception treatments. I think they should be available, but you have to pay for it. In instances of reported rape it is provided free of cost. I would be devastated to see hobby lobby close.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Never been to a hobby lobby. Am I missing out?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I love hobby lobby. I'm pro choice but don't agree a business should be forced to offer coverage for after conception treatments. I think they should be available, but you have to pay for it. In instances of reported rape it is provided free of cost. I would be devastated to see hobby lobby close.
Hey Smurfette, good to see you post. Haven't seen your byline in a bit.

It's an upscale craft store, sewing, crochet, framing, décor, woodcrafts, kids crafts, etc. Not so bad at all.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
I'm open minded about just about everything. I just ask for honesty, dignity and respect out of life. Hobby Lobby should be able to run their business any way they damn well please. Nobody forces me or anyone to work for them. The terms of employment should be between the employer and the employee. Hobby Lobby goes Galt. :(

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
in addition to all the awesome craft stuff they have neat gun decorations and kitchy stuff. Like shotgun lights for Christmas, bullet drink coasters etc. It's like being in another state shopping there. They don't carry actual guns or ammo but fun inspired stuff.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
in addition to all the awesome craft stuff they have need gun decorations and kitchy stuff. Like shotgun lights for Christmas, bullet drink coasters etc. It's like being in another state shopping there. They don't carry actual guns or ammo but fun inspired stuff.
Huh, I'm missing stuff; I may have to head back to Hobby Lobby on Monday to find these things you are referring to. :)

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Well said.

I am against the government forcing you to buy ANYTHING. Personally I wouldn't do what they are doing and picking one of the most ludicrous parts of the healthcare system to BE against, but anything forced by the gub is far worse.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
It's like your typical chain craft store, but a bit better. They seem to have more things on hand and overall better prices. I usually pick up my model car kits there when they have a 50%-70% off deal.

Also, the government won't stop until they control everything and everyone. It's up to us to keep the power with the people, where it belongs.

·
Registered
221 Posts
this entire argument would be void by ending third party payment insurance and utilizing health savings accounts. then the health dollars a person was spending would be their own, if they wanted to spend their own dollars on abortion or penis removal surgery i could care less.

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
I read the article and the headline. I don't agree with what is being done to them but I don't see anywhere in the article that the owner will close all the stores. They filed a lawsuit, that's as radical of an action that I see has happened or been threatened to happen. Where do these people come up with these headlines? BTW, I hate going to Hobby Lobby but am forced to go with the wife at times. :(

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
BTW, I hate going to Hobby Lobby but am forced to go with the wife at times. :(
If dragged to Home Goods or similar circles of shopping hell by the Mrs., she MUST reciprocate with a trip to the LGS.

You've no idea how effective this technique is in preventing future trips to Hobby Lobby or Home Goods. ;)

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
They carry waterproof and low temperature paints, plastic poster board. Everything you need for all season protest signs in Albany.

Sheeshe, what kind of activist are you guys?

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
Sorry, I don't do shotgun either, I'm a pistol guy. ;)

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Some cool things. But $28 for 20 lights? And was it necessary to add "Lights are assembled by hand in the USA by people with special needs. Decorative use only -- not a toy."?

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
The decorative use only not a toy is because They passed legislation saying if Nyone under the age of 14 hAs contact with the item it has to be tested in an approved facility for lead, phthalate and some other useless crap.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
The decorative use only not a toy is because They passed legislation saying if Nyone under the age of 14 hAs contact with the item it has to be tested in an approved facility for lead, phthalate and some other useless crap.
I meant the "assembled by hand in the USA by people with special needs." I did not know that, though. Interesting, thanks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts