New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all this discussion about politics has got me thinking, what should the next couple of builds be? I recently bought two Battlecomp BABC's (larger caliber compensator) from forum members here with no idea what the should be used for. Any thoughts appreciated.

BTW, i built a 6.8 SPC. Thinking next two should be .300 Blackout and 6.5 BR. Of course, I've never reloaded before but that's another excuse for a new hobby :)

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
lol im scraping my nickels to finance 4 rifle length gas tubes. I wouldnt even want to try and feed a 300 blackout...

build an AR-10 if you havnt yet. Easy to buy ammo. Great performance and nice nice selection of ammo types. Im thinking outside the box of what your potential future build calibers are.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but what to do with these two BABC's? I've also got a stripped lower and upper receiver, LPK, and grip, so I'm just about there on one of them. Just need to pick caliber. I'm actually thinking another 6.8 but with a shorter barrel than the last one, 16" or so....

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I love my 300, but unfortunately mine can't cross the state line. I dont reload mine, heard its a pain in the a$$.I often wonder what a NY 300 would be like. I'm thinking extremely loud.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love my 300, but unfortunately mine can't cross the state line. I dont reload mine, heard its a pain in the a$$.I often wonder what a NY 300 would be like. I'm thinking extremely loud.
Don't get it? .300 not legal in NY?

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
prob not NYS complaint as it is configured is my guess.

and Cgrutt...

the 6.8 may be good even in a 14.5
Just something to think about... they make for handy little guns.
Or if you go with the 16, maybe a midlength 16...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Im sure you could build a legal one for NY, but a lot more fun with full auto and/or suppressed.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I feel dumb. Still don't get it. Why is .300 blackout NG in NY? Assuming 16" barrel, welded comp, etc.

Yeah, I'm kinda liking that 6.8 even though we've been through some growing pains.

Working on a new 5.56 which I think will become my goto gun. Gotta talk to Mike about getting another comp welded...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Sorry, I feel dumb. Still don't get it. Why is .300 blackout NG in NY? Assuming 16" barrel, welded comp, etc.

Yeah, I'm kinda liking that 6.8 even though we've been through some growing pains.

Working on a new 5.56 which I think will become my goto gun. Gotta talk to Mike about getting another comp welded...
Its go in NY, just can't put any of the no-no parts on it that makes a 300 worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts

300blk is fine in NY. Just as long as the rifle is made legal per 265 just like anything else.

And no prob, just lmk. Also we are going to the Saratoga show in the next week / week and a half if you were free, you should stop up.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
300blk is fine in NY. Just as long as the rifle is made legal per 265 just like anything else.

And no prob, just lmk. Also we are going to the Saratoga show in the next week / week and a half if you were free, you should stop up.
Is this next weekend? Will definitely try to stop by. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Isn't the .458 and .308 outside of a mil spec receiver? I would love to do a .308. What is tacticool?

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
lol im scraping my nickels to finance 4 rifle length gas tubes. I wouldnt even want to try and feed a 300 blackout...

build an AR-10 if you havnt yet. Easy to buy ammo. Great performance and nice nice selection of ammo types. Im thinking outside the box of what your potential future build calibers are.
Will all AR10 lowers fit all AR10 uppers from different companies (RRA/DPMS/Armalite etc)?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Isn't the .458 and .308 outside of a mil spec receiver? I would love to do a .308. What is tacticool?
I'm pretty sure the 458 is OK for a regular ar-15 receiver but its expensive to shoot. It's like $60 for 20 rounds...OUCH!!!! The 308 does take a larger receiver and there are a few different manufacturers of stuff as its not all standardized like the AR-15 platform is.

Tacticool is when you put all that crap on your rifle like everyone does...lights, lasers, coffee maker, kitchen sink etc etc.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Believe the answer is no, but I'll leave it to the experts...

and while we're at it, what about the .338 lapua?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Will all AR10 lowers fit all AR10 uppers from different companies (RRA/DPMS/Armalite etc)?
NO. Ar-10 is specific to Armalite. Armalite does have 2 different lowers now...one fits standard Armalite mags and the other is designed for Pmags.

RRA's 308 is the LAR-8 and uses RRA specific mags or FAL metric and inch mags.

DPMS/Larue/Noveske etc all use another platform. Some stuff may be interchangable like handguards and some stuff isnt.

Basically Pick a platform you like and you feel has the best options for you as the majority of stuff does not interchange like the AR-15 platform does.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tacticool is when you put all that crap on your rifle like everyone does...lights, lasers, coffee maker, kitchen sink etc etc.
Oh, like that Trijicon scope on the 6.8?

Yeah, got that. Sometimes the sarcasm doesn't come out in print...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts