New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering from what I heard the hk45 compact will fit nicely into a blackhawk serpa holster for the HK p30 anyone have any experience with this and if so how well do the two match up ? Hate too drop the extra cash on something I couldnt use

· Registered
466 Posts
HK 45s are a larger frame size than the 9mm platform. Buy the proper holster for that specific model. Stuffing a larger gun in a smaller holster could be dangerous to you and the people around you, especially when the serpa holster retains the gun at the trigger gaurd. Not to mention Serpa holsters are now being banned from Federal training centers and many other training facilities. I recommend using a Blade Tech or Safariland, both good brands that offer retention holsters with more reliable mounting platforms.

Google search serpa accidents, retention failures and quality. This should be enough to scare anyone away.

George

· Registered
2,689 Posts
Might I recommend giving ROCcity Holsters a try; he made a holster for my HK45 that is great. It's basically the same holster as the Raven Phantom for half the price and you'll get it in a week instead of 4 months.

They have a forum on this site if you want to look at some of their work.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will check them out there pretty local so I could prolly pick it up and keep shipping costs down I suppose well... My thoughts were too try and find a retention holster being a newb too CC but the hk45 is fairly still new only being available for a few years now I don't want too get a cheap holster I'm not going too feel comfortable with I dropped what I feel was allot of cash on a quality firearm and really want too round out the outift with a quality holster

@george thank you for the insight on the serpa holsters I was lurkin on another forum and posts there were talking about the p30 holster being compatible with then 45c but I wanted too check here you guys seem too know the skinny thank you again

· Registered
466 Posts
Safariland and Blade tech do make HK45c holsters. When you posted about a serpa I was thinking along the lines of a duty or comp style holster. If it is going to be for concealment you may want to look into aquality leather unit. I carry my USP C 45 in a leather holster centerline/ appendix carry IWB. Centerline may not be for you, but I feel IWB holsters are easier to conceal. Look at Galco, Desantis, Milt Sparks. Their are a ton of good leather workers out there, but those should give you an idea. Go to a shop with a good selection and ask to try some holsters on. A good shop will let you do this.

George

· Registered
2,689 Posts
I picked up a Ritchie Leather holster this weekend at the Rochester gun show. They are based in Buffalo, so still doing the support local thing. I too appendix carry and I am extremely pleased with the holster. Another possibility if you want to go leather.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.