New York Firearms Forum banner

Hipoint 9mm carbine

1K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Saltwater60 
#1 ·
Hi I just moved from PA to NY and I noticed how NY gun laws suck...I had a Hipoint 9mm in PA and I loved that gun..it was really fun to shoot ..and I've been trying to find out if it can be modified for NY... now I know I've seen pictures of ones that had a paddle grip and no threaded barrel .. I'm not sure about the clip in the grip.. is there any one out there that knows for sure..NY and CA have alot of the same laws and I see CA compliant Hipoint carbines all the time???

#9 ·
Detachable magazine and semi-fully automatic was declared ver boten by fuhrer Cuomo and is still being enforced by Frau hochul

Sorry but not true. You can have a semi-auto and detachable magazine as long as it has no other features like a pistol grip, muzzle device, bayonet lug, adjustable stock.

Has to look like t

Sorry but not true. You can have a semi-auto and detachable magazine as long as it has no other features like a pistol grip, muzzle device, bayonet lug, adjustable st

Has to look like this

his

#10 ·
So hypothetically if I were to move to NYS, my stock M&P 15 Sport II 5.56 would be illegal and I couldn't even register it? It has a telescopic stock, pistol grip,bayonet lug, threaded barrel with a flash hider, and I have many 30 round mags to boot.How severe are the penalties if caught ? Or does it vary by jurisdiction?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.