New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The email ad this was sent to is just my junk mail box I guess
It is the one i use to sign up for stuff I dont think is right so it gets some interesting crap in it some times but this one is just hilarious

Special Agent in Charge
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Intelligence Field Unit

El Paso Federal Justice Center
660 South Mesa Hills Drive
El Paso, TX 79912 USA

URGENT ATTENTION

I am special agent Mark A. Morgan, from the Intelligence Unit of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). We just intercepted/confiscated one (1) Trunk Box at the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport Texas. We are on the verge of moving this consignment to the bureau headquarters. However, we scanned the said box and found out that it contained a total of USD$10.5M. Investigation carried out on the Diplomat who accompanied this box into the United States, revealed that he was to make the delivery of the fund to your residence, as these fund are entitled to you, been Contract/Inheritance over due payments. The funds were from the office of the Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Minister of Finance, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Furthermore, after cross checking all the information we found in the box backing you up as the beneficiary of the funds, it became known to us that one of the documents is missing. This document is very important and until we get the document, the box will be temporarily confiscated pending when you will provide it. The much needed document is the Diplomatic Immunity Seal of Delivery Certificate (DISDC). This document will protect you from going against the US Patriot Act Section 314a and Section 314b. This delivery will be tagged A Diplomatic Transit Payment (D.T.P) once you get the document.

You are therefore required to get back to me on this email (
[email protected]) within 72 hours so that I will guide you on how to get the much needed document. Failure to comply with this directive may lead to the permanent confiscation of the funds and possible arrest. We may also get the Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF) involved if do not follow our instructions. You are also advised not to get in contact with any Bank in Africa, Europe or any other institution, as your fund are here now in the United States of America.

Agent Mark A. Morgan
Special Agent in Charge
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Intelligence Field Unit
El Paso Federal Justice Center

660 South Mesa Hills Drive
El Paso, TX 79912 USA
Phone: 915-400-4143

Now I am sure if the FBI found out someone from overseas sent me 10 million dollars cash there would be a knock at my door not an email LMAO

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
I'd also bet that the FBI would want to know about this scam
Sure! like other 200 million emails they get like this every day! LOL!!!

-Hold on agent Taylor, we track it back to somalia!!!
-Lets send them a Navy Seals team right now!!!
-hummm .... Better send them a cease and desist letter but I am affraid he will use it to wipe his ass with.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I really think you should report that, this isn't a run of the mill scam, they threatened you with an arrest and impersonated more then 1 bureau within the United States government, they are walking all over our country and you may find it funny however there are some younger and maybe even some older folks who do not see the scam for what it is. I seriously think you should report this right away, maybe with that 72 hour window they gave you there you can actually have the REAL FBI pull a sting on these guys, just my opinion, I have reported more then one email scam to the proper authorities, and I have even managed to get someone in Texas arrested, or at least contributed to it, they tried to scam my paypal account info and I turned them in within minutes of receiving the email, I guess paypal took that **** seriously.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
While I think is ok to report illicit activity I would have to quit my job and spend the day reporting all the scams I get in my email.
I don't think that FBI has neither the bandwidth or interest to track on these BS things but I might be wrong.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
While I think is ok to report illicit activity I would have to quit my job and spend the day reporting all the scams I get in my email.
I don't think that FBI has neither the bandwidth or interest to track on these BS things but I might be wrong.
\

Well as I said, run of the mill ones they probably do ignore, this one directly threatens the recipient and impersonates the FBI.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I was surprised for a second when I realized they were using relevant sections of the Patriot Act, but then I realized it is the ones you get a little brochure on when you open a bank account, so those are commonly known.

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I probably will look into reporting this since I thought of some less savy person getting this and falling for it

I don't know wth they think I have that they would want to talk me out of haha
No bank accounts no cc numbers to steal LOL they would be wasting their time

It's funny but then it isn't when I think of some one falling for it and losing something

·
Registered
365 Posts
A L O N G time ago (in a galaxy far, far away):

My brother received a chain mail letter promising money and threatening him with bad fortune if he broke the chain. So he added the requisite names and addresses to the list and sent it on with an explanatory cover letter.

Among the names he added were: J. Edger Hover; Robert Kennedy, the AG at the time; and the Postmaster General. I don't remember his name or who the other two names were, maybe NYS officials.

He received the form letter 'Thank You's and that they were looking into it. One had a hand written note in the margin thanking him for his 'contribution to their law enforcement efforts'.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I have reported more then one email scam to the proper authorities, and I have even managed to get someone in Texas arrested, or at least contributed to it,.
Did they give you a badge or star to wear? :p

I get so many of these I am not going to waste my time reporting all of them!

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
$10.5 MILLION dollars~~~in a box? I think the FBI is the least of your problems, I would think the IRS is going to be a much larger issue LOL

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
bah! don't waste your time reporting it

Post the email header so we can see where it came from.

That one is high quality, I might have to reply.

·
Registered
215 Posts
There used to be a site that would try to reverse the scam on the scammers...forgot the name of it though. They would prank the **** out scammers and post it publically. Its been a while since i worked in a boiler room and had time to find such sites...

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I've always responded to those emails with an offer to fix their grammatically incorrect atrocious butchering of the English language for the amazingly low sum of just $10,000, which they surely would make back with my versions. They never take me up on it. And no, I wouldn't really do so.:rolleyes: Was just hoping for 10k . Yes, I am a bad person. I intended to defraud scammers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts