New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,005 Posts
My father has one of the .45s. It is a very ugly and chunky gun, but never failed to go 'BANG' when I pulled the trigger. Accuracy was good, as well.
There had only been a few hundred rounds through it at the time. I plan on putting some more through when I visit them this year.

· Registered
491 Posts
Everyone I've talked to has had the same opinion. Clunky, ugly, heavy. But no fail to fire, and ACCURATE.

· Registered
396 Posts
I have a CF-380. Can double as a boat anchor, but I bet a can pick off a bottom dwelling crab at 100 feet!!! Take down using a punch was a pain in the ...rear, but that was solved replacing the pin by using a kit to tap a screw in the pin place. It will eat any ammo and can be converted to 9mm in no time with spare barrel and a few springs. Uses the same mags for either. Paid $135 for it less tha 2 years ago, and I am going to get a 40 cal next.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Internet, look how much of a col-badass I am opinion: He He, you'd be better off throwing the thing at the bad guy I reckon! YE HAW!

Real life opinion: I don't have the pistol, but I have the carbine, and they are actually quite similar. If you teardown the carbine you get something very similar to a pistol with a long barrel. I have about 1,000 rounds through it and no major problems. The only 2 problems I have had, and I don't know if they apply to the pistols, are that takedown is a pain. A complete pain. Number 2 is that sometimes a round won't get stripped off a new mag and the slide has to be racked twice. Other than that experience with the carbines and seeing videos like Iraqveteran8888's on Youtube, I would say the .40 will do you well for cheap.

· Registered
1,668 Posts
Great customer service (phenominal, actually) and a lot of people swear by the reliability and accuracy.

I've put a few rounds through a C9 and was close-by when the owner (a buddy) shot it as well. We had several failures with it (could've been mag related) and I know at least one of the mags puked it's guts out.

In my personal opinion, it might make a fun plinking gun, but it wouldn't be my first, second or third choice as a go-to handgun. My Glock may've been 4x the cost, but I feel it was worth every penny. Coincidentally, it's my go-to handgun over my revolvers and 1911.

· Registered
396 Posts
Tweeking the mags ( bend the side outward...R/H for some reason seems the worse) is almost a must along with polishing the feed ramp. The weight alone makes it bad for a CCW but a great on the night stand gun or I used it in Fl for my take in car gun (no permit needed to have pistol in car in FL) to Wal Mart at night.

· Formerly SRV1
4,726 Posts
That Iraqveteran8888 on YouTube beat the living snot out of one and tried to kill it. I cannot remember if he succeeded or not but he did abuse the crap out of it and it took it. I probably would not buy one because they are heavy and ugly but if your looking for a back yard gun to have fun with, you cannot beat this pistol.

James

· Registered
11,402 Posts
That Iraqveteran8888 on YouTube beat the living snot out of one and tried to kill it. I cannot remember if he succeeded or not but he did abuse the crap out of it and it took it. I probably would not buy one because they are heavy and ugly but if your looking for a back yard gun to have fun with, you cannot beat this pistol.

James
I saw that one. They run it over with the truck and dual charge with lil gun and even put a plug to blow it up. LOL!
Bottom line they will work to keep handy but it is not for heavy use and weekly training. Even with preventive maintenance they will wear off faster
and fail. I think it might make sense for someone to keep in the home or car glove.
Not to derail the thread but a used G1, G2 Glock is going to be a better pistol. Some ex-police ones are like new, very little use. Many experts agree the first pistol anyone should have is a G19, specially those that are not planning to have anything else.

· Registered
664 Posts
I have one in 9,40 and 45. They are great range guns eat any ammo and accurate as hell. I would never use one for carry just because it would be hard to keep my pants up. And yes they are butt ugly, got 2 used from a friend that needed money and liked them so I bought the third got about 400 bucks into three guns and can't complain.

· Registered
11,402 Posts
It is not like that. It seems it must be the first gun, maybe the only one for a while and with the intention to carry so there are some things one might want to take into account.
It is just another opinion, another point of view, an extra piece of information to take into account in the whole scheme of things. nothing else.

· Registered
50 Posts
I have the c9 and 9mm carbine and as others have said they are heavy, ugly, cheap, dependable, and eat anything I feed them.
A couple hundred rounds each and no regrets.
I hear others have issues with the mags but I have not had to touch them.
I would like to get another carbine.
Also they say customer service is very excellent

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.