New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, been a member here for a while but not very active so I figured I might as well introduce myself. Been in Orange County for over 20 years born and raised type of thing. Love to shoot as I'm sure everyone here does, but don't really have anywhere to do so with the exception of Davis at $20 something an hour which isn't that bad, but I can't afford to go there every weekend like I would like to. I shoot a marlin 22, a custom build Stag AR-15 chambered in 7.62x39, a bolt action Mosin Nagant, and I recently purchased a .40 Springfield XD sub compact, but am waiting on my permit so I can actually handle it. I am about 4 months into the pistol permit process, and 2 months since my interview and was told I probably won't know if I got the permit until November.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Hi from New Windsor. Good luck with the permit.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Welcome. There's quite a few of us from OC here. Good luck with the permit. You might want to consider joining a club. I shoot at Davis a few times per year.

·
Registered
460 Posts
welcome to the site, also from orange county, bloomingburg to be exact. good luck with your permit.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Welcome from Washingtonville. You can shoot your 22 at Master Class in Monroe. Not sure what they are charging these days.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Orange county! Good luck with the permit. How was the interview? Heard they are not so nice to anyone with a less then perfect record. Going through the process now myself. You need to make some friends with property in the area to go shooting, or like was stated earlier,join a club. Sullivan county also has some good clubs with ranges if your towards that part of OC.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The interview went really well, I got a female investigator who was very cool and made the whole process much less tense for me. I have a much less than perfect record and they didn't seem to care much at all. She said with a perfect record I could get the permit 3 to 4 months from the interview date because Orange usually gets backlogged around the holidays and permits move through much quicker by the time I had applied. But with 4 arrests to investigate it's more like 6 to 7 months. How far along the permit process are you?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts