New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an unexpected turn of events, it's looking like I'll be moving to NYC (likely Brooklyn) at the end of September.

I've already come to understand that my handguns can't come with me (I have to wait 6 months to be considered a resident, and then apply for a handgun license, correct?) so I plan to sign them over to a responsible friend here in CA.

I also have two Chinese made SKSs, totally stock, fixed 10 round mags, and a Ruger 10/22. I'm really struggling to understand what exactly I need to do to legally bring these guns with me when I move and keep them in NYC. I would most likely be flying in to JFK.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Welcome from Broome County! You are on 6 month probation, (jk) you should probably brush up on other cc weapons and your close quarters combat. Brooklyn eh! We had a family move here from Brooklyn once. Oh boy!

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Out of the frying pan and into the fire. I hope you register to vote as soon as you can. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Well, could you consider not living in the 5 boroughs? If yes, sks and 10/22 can come along for the ride, otherwise others with expertise in NYC draconianaws will advise. Either way, pistols are a no no til u get your government sponsored permission slip. Enjoy!

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Welcome. You'll have to hope someone from NYC can answer your questions about the SKS and 10/22. NYC is not like upstate NY and has the WORST laws in the US and Canada and even Mexico. NYC is a communist state and should be removed from the Union. Enjoy your stay ... ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts