New York Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, wizrd here, first day, first post. I was an NRA basic pistol intructor in Oneida county for several years. Taught mainly at the Camden Rod & Gun Club, in Camden NY. If any of you remember a big, ugly, bald ,fat guy out there, instructing, that was me. I was teaching with a short, cute, bald, fat guy at the time. I enjoy all shooting disciplines & reloading. Over the years I've spent a lot of time at the Oneida county pistol permit offices, asking dumb questions & researching gray areas of the laws. The gentlemen there have always gone out of their way to help me out, without throwing me out, I might add, and I have nothing but repect for the courtesy they have shown me over the years. Hoping to learn things here, and may at times even contribute to the discussion, while studying at the feet of the Masters. Be safe out there & keep your muzzles pointed in a safe direction.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts
Welcome. I used to shoot at Camden occasionally back when there was a bullseye league with Camden, Greenway, and Oneida ranges participating.

·
Registered
745 Posts
If any of you remember a big, ugly, bald ,fat guy out there, instructing, that was me.
Can you narrow it down a little more? :D

Welcome to the forum.. I'm a member at Camden and go there a couple of times a month. They recently started a defensive pistol league, but unfortunately it's on Thursday nights, when I work my other job.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Hello everyone, wizrd here, first day, first post. I was an NRA basic pistol intructor in Oneida county for several years. Taught mainly at the Camden Rod & Gun Club, in Camden NY. If any of you remember a big, ugly, bald ,fat guy out there, instructing, that was me. I was teaching with a short, cute, bald, fat guy at the time. I enjoy all shooting disciplines & reloading. Over the years I've spent a lot of time at the Oneida county pistol permit offices, asking dumb questions & researching gray areas of the laws. The gentlemen there have always gone out of their way to help me out, without throwing me out, I might add, and I have nothing but repect for the courtesy they have shown me over the years. Hoping to learn things here, and may at times even contribute to the discussion, while studying at the feet of the Masters. Be safe out there & keep your muzzles pointed in a safe direction.
Hello everybody. I'm the short handsome cute guy the "Wiz" referred to. I also taught the NRA Basic Pistol with the wis. We had a good time, but it did become a drag with scheduling and dealing with people who wanted strange things. Demand for the course exceeded our capacity. Besides, the wiz is old. He forgets.

My favorite line in the introduction to the class was to point out that we had over 500 pounds of shooting experience between us. :)

Thanks for having us, I expect to learn more and to contribute a little when I can.

Be safe.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Welcome guys! There are many NRA Instructors hanging around these parts. I started teaching about a year ago and love doing it. I can still remember sitting as a student in basic pistol shortly after I got my permit a few years ago. Everyone has to start somewhere!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Welcome

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.