New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've been interested in taking up shooting as a hobby since my friend took me a few months ago. I've been thinking about buying rifles ever since and joining a pro gun community (seems like everyone wants to hate on us more and more in the past couple years :p)
I've been lurking, trying to find information on getting a pistol permit in Westchester County so I decided I might as well join and maybe start linking up with pro-gunners in NY.
About myself- I'm a 20 something year old female been living in NY my whole life, grew up where we were taught how to use guns and gun safety, not to avoid them or that they are bad. (Thanks mom and dad!) I work irregular full time hours so it is hard to find time and info about guns from people in my area. Figured this site would help with that

Looking forward to getting to know some of you

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Welcome, from a fellow inmate in Westchester.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
Welcome, the process in your county is long and expensive, I would just join a good outdoor range in your area and buy a rifle/shotgun and start shooting it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Welcome! This forum has been a valuable resource for me, and I know that it will help you as well!

I agree with Cuomostein. Although, I wouldn't get a pistol permit in this state anyway. I can do without it, with all the stuff you have to go through to get one. As he said, just get yourself a half-decent gun, find a range, and enjoy!

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Hello, There are great places for instruction in Westchester, if you need that! (we all need that!)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts