New York Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
If you think Obama and his administration are pro-gun I've got 200 acres of oceanfront property in Fort Dodge, Iowa that I'll sell you for $500 cash.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
If you think Obama and his administration are pro-gun I've got 200 acres of oceanfront property in Fort Dodge, Iowa that I'll sell you for $500 cash.
I'll take it! you have no idea how hard it is to find oceanfront property in iowa! i've been looking for years and it seems like its all taken.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Did you come to this site just to start trouble? Did you know Obama supports a UN Arms Trade Treaty? What you posted is a left leaning news organization which is not fact. It may be somewhat true that the NRA hypes these ideas up but facts are facts, Obama IS anti-gun.

James

·
1,336 Posts
As much as I'd love to concede that we're wrong, and give credit to an opinion column in the Modesto Bee for pointing this out to me, I poked around the interweb to get some exact quotes from the POTUS - Barack Obama on Gun Control

This was found on a separate site when he was running against JM in 2008: "I am not in favor of concealed weapons," Obama said. "I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations."

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
sick of everyone thinking someone is going to take your guns away.

Obama anti-gun? Says who? - opinion - Modbee.com
Just remember, as BO himself said, this is his last election, he'll have more flexibility once it's done.

You don't crank down gun rights in your first term if you'd like there to be a second term. Instead, what you do is have your agencies attempt to generate bad press for guns by implementing programs such as "Fast and Furious." This sets you up for second term changes.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Says Obama

LOTT: Obama's gun ban rhetoric - Washington Times

Yet, Mr. Obama personally voiced support for the D.C. ban at other times. In February, he did this himself, not something that he could blame on a staffer.
ABC New's local Washington, D.C. anchor, Leon Harris, asked Mr. Obama: "One other issue that's of great importance here in the district as well is gun control … but you support the D.C. handgun ban." Mr. Obama's simple response: "Right." When Mr. Harris said "And you've said that it's constitutional," Mr. Obama again says "right" and is clearly seen on tape nodding his head "yes."
But this is not new. Mr. Obama has a long history of supporting city gun bans. The Associated Press described his 2004 vote on a gun control bill: "He also opposed letting people use a self-defense argument if charged with violating local handgun bans by using weapons in their homes. The bill was a reaction to a Chicago-area man who, after shooting an intruder, was charged with a handgun violation."
A candidate questionnaire shows that Mr. Obama supported a ban on handguns in 1996. In 1998, he backed a ban on the sale of all semiautomatic guns (a ban that would encompass the vast majority of guns sold in the U.S.) In 2004, he advocated banning gun sales within five miles of a school or park (essentially a ban on all guns sold in almost all the states). Possibly, even more importantly, he served on the board of the Joyce Foundation, probably the largest private funder of anti-gun and pro-ban groups and research in the country.
The Obama campaign "flatly denied" the 1996 statement supporting a ban on handguns, blaming it instead on a staffer from his state senate race who they said had incorrectly filled out the candidate questionnaire. But the Politico obtained a copy of the statement and found Mr. Obama's own handwritten notes on it indicating that he had personally checked and corrected answers.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
sick of everyone thinking someone is going to take your guns away.

Obama anti-gun? Says who? - opinion - Modbee.com
I'm sick of simpletons who're spoonfed propaganda, and regurgitate it without any regard for the actual facts.

Here's a reality check, sorry if doesn't fit your narrative.

On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial "large magazines." Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, "to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda," she said.

"I just want you to know that we are working on it," Brady recalled the president telling them. "We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

·
Registered
522 Posts
god when will our country learn from others... all you need to know about gun ban / control is simple.. look at the U.K.. they recover 1,000s of guns a month off the street... and guess what they are not from law abiding citizens... Their gun crime has actually gone up since the ban because now criminals know citz do not have any.

Stabbings have gone up as well... Bobbys ( cops) who used to only carry batons. now carry guns because of the gun crime increase.

WHEN OH WHEN GOD WILL PEOPLE REALIZE THAT CRIMINALS DO NOT GET GUNS LEGALLY!!!!!!!! and any further legislation limiting law abiding citizens only hampers things.

end rant.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Obviously cobracommander was looking for a reaction when he hit this hornets’ nest on this site.

How about:
Fast and Furious
Move to Ban Target Practice on Public Lands
High Powered Rifles defined as larger than a .22
There is no individual right to Private Self Defense with guns
Opposes Concealed Carry
and stated to the Brady group that gun control processes would have to be “under the radar”

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
lol
To a certain extent, we wish Obama were the villain that Romney and the NRA make him out to be. We have no interest in preventing law-abiding citizens from defending themselves, but we do think society would be safer with more laws to keep guns out of the hands of criminals or to ban certain classes of military weapons from civilian use. Unfortunately, though, the president that Republicans portray as a wolf in sheep's clothing is really just a sheep.

·
1,336 Posts
Well.. that was easy.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Hmm notice he only posted once. The first post. Honestly we were talking to a wall since he hit post. I'll choose to ignore him and continue on with my night.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Hmm notice he only posted once. The first post. Honestly we were talking to a wall since he hit post. I'll choose to ignore him and continue on with my night.
Enjoy your night bro! Just click on his profile and look at his contributions to date. Enough said. Carry on...

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
This is a wasted thread lol. So I will hijack it lol.

I am sure you have all heard about the birthers movement and that they say obama is not a citizen. Well to be honest I never really gave it much thought because I always assumed that since he became president he was vetted to ensure he met the requirements to be president. It turns out that his Birth certificate he released and posted on the white house website was a forgery and apparently his lawyer who represented him in NJ over being placed on ballot there for this election admited that the birth certificate is in fact a forgery. So from what I can tell in my 20 minutes of research is that there is no official vetting and you do not have to prove citizenship to run and become president. So I just thought that was interesting and BS and even if Obama is a natural born citizen then why post a forged birth certificate to begin with?

On a side note does anyone know what laws would be broken by even creating a forged birth certificate?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Enjoy your night bro! Just click on his profile and look at his contributions to date. Enough said. Carry on...
I was talking about this thread.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
There are forgery laws but I don't know them off the top of my head. I'll take a look for them in a little bit.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Umm lets see; Gas $4.20 a gallon, pipeline from Canada, blocked; Drilling for oil/gas, blocked. Attempting to gut the military, in progress. Illegal scandals involving guns to promote agenda, check. Race baiting, check. Appointment of ultra leftist commies to any and all federal judgeships, check. Tripling or more of the national debt, check. Ubama is worse than Carter and he sucked so much gravity was jealous..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.