New York Firearms Forum banner

Help with permit Monroe county.

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  RochPersDef 
#1 ·
So I'm in the marines and I've been out of state all year and I applied well after checking the status I was called back and told my permit was approved and mailed out to me in July. My mother (who retrieves my mail) then told me my sister who's 19 and anti gun opened my letter and burned my permit. What options do I have to obtain a new one and I'm leaving again soon so could my wife get me a replacement permit if she had a power of attorney? Really need your help guys I'm stuck in a legal bind with my relatives as well as figuring out a new permit.

#2 ·
First off, I'd have a talk with your sister about opening other people's mail without their consent.

After you do that, call the clerk's office. You may have to go down and explain that you never received it in the mail, but they will be able to get you a new one. It may take a little bit of time and a couple of bucks though.

#3 ·
You have to go down to the clerks office and fill out a form. They take a new picture and do a background check (monroe county 5 year rule).
The form needs make model serial and caliber of your guns
I forget the cost but it's under $20
I got my background check back within two weeks. It's been a month and still no replacement permit.
They won't mail it, you have to go pick it up.

#10 ·
Hey guys,

I've been contemplating filling out the application for a permit, but I have a few concerns.

I have seen several psychiatrists and doctors for antidepressants and anti anxiety medications, along with substance abuse treatment. I'm concerned I won't recall exactly every detail they may request information on. I'm also concerned that they will automatically shoot me down because of my past. I'm no longer on any medications and I'm in recovery.

Can anyone she'd some light or share experience on a similar situation?

Thanks in advance.

#11 ·
Hey guys,

I've been contemplating filling out the application for a permit, but I have a few concerns.

I have seen several psychiatrists and doctors for antidepressants and anti anxiety medications, along with substance abuse treatment. I'm concerned I won't recall exactly every detail they may request information on. I'm also concerned that they will automatically shoot me down because of my past. I'm no longer on any medications and I'm in recovery.

Can anyone she'd some light or share experience on a similar situation?

Thanks in advance.
Start a new thread and people will chime in there.

#12 ·
Markie: The best course of action is to speak with an attorney familiar with this. Sheldon Boyce is one of those guys. 454-2000. Tell him I sent you.

#13 ·
Buschang98: It's true. she committed a Federal Crime but do you hate her that much to have her charged with it? Your call. Are you sure it wasn't just the letter from the office telling you that your permit had been approved and that you needed to stop down to get it?

If it was indeed your permit, go to the MO CO Clerk's office and tell them you lost the permit somehow. (mail got wet, etc) and ask about replacing it. It's not a bad process but can take up to 6 weeks.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.