New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started shooting trap about 5 weeks ago, the last two tuesdays i havent been able to attend because I started night school.

I know the safety orientation is the 3rd saturday of every month I have my application and money, forgot that tomorrow should be the orientation and called last minute but no one answered

if there is a member that might read this and be able to answer tonight or early tomorrow morning to give me info that would be great

my plan is to show up tomorrow around 8am with my application and money and see if they will accept me, I don't see why they wouldnt I also dont remember what time the orientation is so I might be waiting a long time if its at say noon

thanks guys

if I cant get in I will probably try williamson rod and gun club instead

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
news update, I chose not to join because I liked williamson more, going tomorrow for range orientation, I spoke with a guy named jeff on the phone today seem like a good bunch of guys

can't wait to finally belong to a club and shoot some rounds out of the AR

·
Registered
573 Posts
Williamson is the same place I shoot. I was thinking of joining Ontario also, but I never got a call back from the four or five messages I left on the machine.
If you see a big guy with a heavy metal band hat on, and a black field jacket, say hello. See you there.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just joined Williamson a month ago myself. I got hold of President Greg and he gave me nice tour on a Sunday afternoon. I gave him my application and check and talked to Jeff who said if I would have brought my guns he would have certified me and given me my orientation the same day. Went back the next Thursday afternoon and met Jeff and got certified/oriented got my member card and range key card.

So far it looks like a great club. Still getting up to speed, I have used the range a few times and shot a few sport clays. Everyone seems friendly and willing to help/show you things. They have Civilian Marksmanship Program in the morning of the first Saturday of the month. I went to watch and have that bug to now. After the CMP I went out walking the trail for sport clays and hooked up with a couple of fellows that let me tag along and ask questions.

Hope your experience is as good as mine has been so far.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Williamson is the same place I shoot. I was thinking of joining Ontario also, but I never got a call back from the four or five messages I left on the machine.
If you see a big guy with a heavy metal band hat on, and a black field jacket, say hello. See you there.
hey sounds good, see you there

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just joined Williamson a month ago myself. I got hold of President Greg and he gave me nice tour on a Sunday afternoon. I gave him my application and check and talked to Jeff who said if I would have brought my guns he would have certified me and given me my orientation the same day. Went back the next Thursday afternoon and met Jeff and got certified/oriented got my member card and range key card.

So far it looks like a great club. Still getting up to speed, I have used the range a few times and shot a few sport clays. Everyone seems friendly and willing to help/show you things. They have Civilian Marksmanship Program in the morning of the first Saturday of the month. I went to watch and have that bug to now. After the CMP I went out walking the trail for sport clays and hooked up with a couple of fellows that let me tag along and ask questions.

Hope your experience is as good as mine has been so far.
hey just saw your post what are the odds we posted at the same time haha, but it seems like a real nice place maybe i'll see you there some time

·
Registered
536 Posts
I was a member out in Wiliamson about 6 or 7 years ago, and I can say it is a very nice place with very friendly people. I'd still be a member except I'm in Spencerport so it was about 45min away, and it pretty much became an all day affair to go shooting. Since I have kids now, my time is limited, and I just don't have enough time to shoot to make it worth it. But if I ever were to move to the eastern side of Rochester, I'd consider rejoining there in a heartbeat. They have great skeet fields, and an awesome sporting clay trail through the woods. They also have a nice rifle range. One of the things that impressed me the most was how safety conscious they were and how nicely they treated some friends of mine who had not had much experience with guns.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I belong to ontairo and I am sorry we lost you but please keep us in mind for future shoots. We are building a tactical range for competition's as well as other improvments. And or Membership is cheap. thanks

·
Registered
573 Posts
I belong to ontairo and I am sorry we lost you but please keep us in mind for future shoots. We are building a tactical range for competition's as well as other improvments. And or Membership is cheap. thanks
If I can get a call back, and information, I'd still join. I just gave up with the repeat messages left, and no information, or even an attempt to contact me. I don't need someone to hold my hand once I'm a member, but I'm not going to waste my time driving over there at random, and try to dig someone up with the authority to accept my payment. The last time I did that at a shooting range, I wasted two hours of my vacation in PA just to find out I couldn't shoot because by the time they could get me an orientation, I'd be back in NY.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Does the Williamson range allow pistols and various "assault rifles"... (You know how some clubs are)?

link to website (if they have one)?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yes you can shoot pistols there, they even have pistol events. I've shot my friends SKS, and his AR there. They had no problems with it as long as your following the range rules.

website is: nygunclub.org

·
Registered
620 Posts
If I can get a call back, and information, I'd still join. I just gave up with the repeat messages left, and no information, or even an attempt to contact me. I don't need someone to hold my hand once I'm a member, but I'm not going to waste my time driving over there at random, and try to dig someone up with the authority to accept my payment. The last time I did that at a shooting range, I wasted two hours of my vacation in PA just to find out I couldn't shoot because by the time they could get me an orientation, I'd be back in NY.
Thanks for a secound chance, You can call me on my cell any time I will pm you with #. Also for anyone else who wants my cell# pm me or the club is open every tuesday night from about 5:30 to 8:00 and I shoot almost every saturday from 9:30 to about 2-3:00 and every third saturday is range orientation,member ship is only 60.00 Thanks to all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts