New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It only works for about an hour every couple of days. All the lights are on, wires wired. Works fine then starts to lag then won't work. Disconnect everything, reset, won't work. Disconnect everything, reset and sweat at it for a couple of days and it works, for about an hour. New, cheap, belkin.

E

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
It only works for about an hour every couple of days. All the lights are on, wires wired. Works fine then starts to lag then won't work. Disconnect everything, reset, won't work. Disconnect everything, reset and sweat at it for a couple of days and it works, for about an hour. New, cheap, belkin. E
I believe the answer lies in.."cheap,Belkin". lol. Truthfully though if it's working sporadically, sounds like loose wire somewhere, making it work then not work. So many times its the wire, (i know u said it's wired) after you tear through everything.. its a friggan wire wiggling.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I've never been a fan of Belkin, however, I don't want to start a Ford vs Chevy argument....

Heat issues? Fairly decent airflow near device, back of it clean, no dust bunnies?

Loose cable as Excalibur inquires?

Store or manufacturer warranty? You shouldn't have to swear at it..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good advice from the folks above. If all of that checks out, you may want to check and see if there is a firmware upgrade available for the model/revision you have (even though it's a new Belkin). Sometimes these problems are caused by problems in the software, and a quick and free upgrade from the manufacturer can improve your experience dramatically.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
What are the "not working" symptoms? It could be your internet modem.

Using a web browser you can go to 192.168.1.1 (don't use http, or anything else) to talk to your router. You can use 192.168.100.1 to talk to your internet modem if it's a DOCIS based cable modem. You can check your signal levels to be sure the problem isn't with that.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Thanks. I swapped out a sheisty looking cable. Will check for updated ware. E
aahhh "sheisty wires"..1st to be the cause, always last to be checked..Also, this ones a long shot but..you say it seems to work for an hour then not..check in the manufacturers settings by doin the 192.168.blah.blah, and make sure it's not set to kill after 60mins or something ..again, mighty longshot but i like to be thorough..there sometimes settings like that for visitors (or kids)..I still say its a wire somewhere along the journey, not just the one right there, check em all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.