New York Firearms Forum banner

To cap or Not to cap

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'd cap, could you bring you barrel wrench tonight?

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
It doesn't serve any real purpose so I would just leave it alone.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I'd cap it just so there is no danger of jamming a stick in there if you go through brush.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Like Dieter said I think you should cap it to make it look complete.
That said I didnt and havent capped mine and probably wont because I dont feel like taking it apart again to add it lol.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I just gotta ask... why would you put a red dot on a Krieger barrel? Are you planning to shoot limited USPSA Rifle? If the cap has a notch in it that allows removal with out having to pass over the muzzle brake, then it is fine. If the cap does not have a notch then it will not fit over that brake and it will impair your ability to remove the handguard if the gas system needs servicing.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only have it on to shoot tomorrow. And the barrel was a bonus. The price I got it for is like it was free. So I had to get it. B4 I seen it I was only building it to shoot at 300yards max. Now time to start doing hand loads and see what I can accurately shoot.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The cap comes on or off with 4 Allen screws so it wouldn't be to bad. But I think I will skip it and rock it all open

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Ah! Chances are the barrel will me more accurate than you. Congrats, on the freebie they are FANTASTIC barrels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts