New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to purchase one of these two pistols within the next 2 weeks. Both are used. I am getting them online so I wont be able to check them out before hand but they look in great condition. The Kel-Tec would run me 200.00 shipped the 709 Slim 260.00 shipped.
Both of these guns would only be used when I am jogging in a belly band or when I am in a suit or shirt and tie in a deep tuck iwb holster.
Which would get got for and why?

Thanks guys/

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
I have the Taurus, no complaints, small, fighting accurate, comfortable, 500+ rounds no issues. BTW, shop around, you can get one online for about $300 new, shipped. Some of the first offerings had problems, unless you know the guy, I would avoid buying a used one.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Taurus, no complaints, small, fighting accurate, comfortable, 500+ rounds no issues. BTW, shop around, you can get one online for about $300 new, shipped. Some of the first offerings had problems, unless you know the guy, I would avoid buying a used one.
Thanks souns like I might be better going with the Kel-Tec at that price point.

·
Registered
49 Posts
between the two, pf9. I use it for backup use. Had some issues when I first got it but they were squared away by customer service. Both and cheap feeling guns, in my opinion but when you pull the trigger, itll go bang.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Something to keep in mind is that the Taurus' warrenty is transferable, Kel Tec's is not.

·
Registered
49 Posts
my pf9 has been utterly unreliable. Keltec customer service is decent though. Id rather deal with the guys in Florida (keltec) than the guys in Brazil (Taurus, although they may have a customer service sight in the USA).

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
my pf9 has been utterly unreliable. Keltec customer service is decent though. Id rather deal with the guys in Florida (keltec) than the guys in Brazil (Taurus, although they may have a customer service sight in the USA).
Are you sure about that?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had the Taurus and didnt like it. It kept getting FTF, stung my hand when i shot few mags, sold it locally for $250 i believe, had under 100 rounds thru it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts