New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been shooting my first gun for a few months now (kimber stainless pro carry) and I really love the 1911. I think it's time I upgrade to a full size quality 1911. I have been looking at the Dan wesson valor in the duty black finish and really like it. My local gun shop has one for 1800. On the other hand they also have a black Springfield trp which felt awesome in my hands as well. And it was about 300$ in the store, and I found it even cheaper online. Plus it comes with more stuff. I have done research on the two and heard nothing but good things. I know the Dan wesson is a bit higher quality but is it worth the extra price tag? The gun will mostly be used at the range. Wouldn't mind carrying it if I could find a way to conceal it though. I'm not the biggest guy around. Anybody have any experience with the two? And recommendations? Please help!!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
For a long time I wanted both. Bought a black Valor V-Bob and love it. I still want a TRP.

Hope this helps.

:D

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
I have shot both and i think the Valor is on a higher level of workmanship.
the TRP is nice, but its not a Dan Wesson!

(you only need to buy a Great 1911 ONCE!)

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Have a friend who has a Wesson and it is a fine firearm, that's where my vote goes. Isn't it interesting how a 100 year old design can command such money. You could buy two quality hand guns for the price of one 1911 and yes I'm hooked on them too, my commander is due in Tuesday and I can't wait.

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
Never held a Valor but my TRP has been flawless since day1...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input. I've only held the valor, v-Bob, and the trp. Never shot any. The v-bob felt the best, the valor was the prettiest and the trp looked the most aggressive. And also felt really nice. I really wanna go full size cuz I do a lot of range shooting so I think the v-bob is out. I'm leaning more towards the valor just because it is superior quality and hard to find right now. But the trp is still calling my name!

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Really, when spending that much for a weapon is $300.00 a deal breaker?
Dan Wesson all the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts