New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yikes.

Anybody from my neck of the woods venture outside yet? Got about 18" of snow here in Endicott.

· Registered
3,423 Posts
22" here in Otego and still coming down good can't really tell where the road is .... seems like if theres no school theres no plows !..... had to call into work today which sucks as its only my 2nd week at the new job ! .... It will be however a nice afternoon for a walk in the woods

· Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well, they say a crappy cell phone picture is worth a thousand words:

Somewhere under that white pile is my car.

· Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I moved just in time because shoveling/plowing at the new place is done by the landlord. At the old place I'd be digging myself out. Here all I have to do is clean off my car and wait for the plow. I've got good tires and could get out of here if I was so inclined but I've got the option of working from home so I don't see myself going anywhere until they get our driveway plowed out.

This has been a real winter for a change. The last few years have been pretty mild and spoiled us I think.

Incidentally, this is the first time I can recall Broome County getting a state of emergency for snow since I moved here eight years ago. According to the Press & Sun the roads are all closed until 10am.

· Registered
3,933 Posts
started snowblowing at 5:45...finished at 8:30. Drove to work and spun out on 434 (270 degrees!!!! WHEEEEEE!!!) Sitting at my desk now in a dark building...I'm apparently in charge!!!

· Registered
4,733 Posts
Holy crap. We only got 8"

· Head of Bacon Operations
3,679 Posts
started snowblowing at 5:45...finished at 8:30. Drove to work and spun out on 434 (270 degrees!!!! WHEEEEEE!!!) Sitting at my desk now in a dark building...I'm apparently in charge!!!

That's a great picture with a tunnel to nowhere! Wow. We got very little here in Monroe. Took me no time at all to shovel out parents. When I was a kid I remember digging out every winter like that. Tons of videos of my sister and I lost in snow drifts where all you could see was the pom-pom on our hats and hear little giggles.

· Registered
1,696 Posts
I moved just in time because shoveling/plowing at the new place is done by the landlord. At the old place I'd be digging myself out. Here all I have to do is clean off my car and wait for the plow. I've got good tires and could get out of here if I was so inclined but I've got the option of working from home so I don't see myself going anywhere until they get our driveway plowed out.

This has been a real winter for a change. The last few years have been pretty mild and spoiled us I think.

Incidentally, this is the first time I can recall Broome County getting a state of emergency for snow since I moved here eight years ago. According to the Press & Sun the roads are all closed until 10am.
They updated that, the state of emergency is until 5pm now...State of Emergency Extended Until 5pm--Broome County Government Facilities will remain closed | Broome County, NY (It doesn't say anything about roads being closed tho.)

· Registered
3,933 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.